Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Who IS and who would you LIKE to turn on your town/citys xmas lights this year?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,124
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, gorcidurch

Old 10-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Who IS and who would you LIKE to turn on your town/citys xmas lights this year?

As posted in another thread, im not sure who-if anyone of a celebrity nature is goin to turn on our citys lights this year.

Has anyone go a famous celebrity turning on thier lights (santa not included).

Also if you had a choice, who would you like to turn on your citys/towns lights??

Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,031 Times in 13,418 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ryansrs1 View Post
As posted in another thread, im not sure who-if anyone of a celebrity nature is goin to turn on our citys lights this year.

Also if you had a choice, who would you like to turn on your citys/towns lights??
I would love to turn on our lights!
We have Pastor Swartwood(Pentecostal church) who is master of ceremonies at this event every year and does a fantastic job of it.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
any member of the 69 eyes!!! (i can dream eh)
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (10-16-2010)
Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Gavin Rossdale! ..I'll dream too

It will probably be our local radio DJ.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy

Who put the ones on in Swansea last year?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I don't think they have anyone turning on the lights in the little towns around me I think they just quietly flip a switch and that's it. But Pittsburgh may be different. I'll have to check out what's going on there and get back to ya.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
Who put the ones on in Swansea last year?
Not sure Kell, Santa i think and maybey some Z list celeb from the Panto.

In past we had Michelle Marsh and Cheeky Girls-Only the best for Swansea eh.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

We don't have anything like that. The people who light our tree are the maintenace workers for Hay Street. It has been this way for many years and I seriously doubt it will change.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:36 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,155 Times in 819 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
In the town I live in there's a parade that starts from the begining of the town to the downtown's park, Santa lights up the tree's!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Not sure Kell, Santa i think and maybey some Z list celeb from the Panto.

In past we had Michelle Marsh and Cheeky Girls-Only the best for Swansea eh.
Cardiff gets everything doesnt it? Of all the big celebrities from down here, like you say we get some soap star from the bloody panto hahahaha