Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Thanksgiving decorations

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why There Really Is a...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:23 PM
39,190 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Ball 3 Michael Buble Returns...
By MMC Editor
10-08-2012 01:55 AM
42,743 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,589 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2000
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:54 PM
43,664 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,208 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
I still like to decorate for turkey day. It is like the poor lost holiday anymore. We barely even fit in Halloween anymore. I want to do something with the bird besides eat him!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Ervserver

I do too but don't have many Thanksgiving decorations. I hope to make/buy more soon
Old 11-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mrshamm is a new face around here!
I'm still looking for a nice thanksgiving doorhanger...I may have to break down and make one. My husband says it's pointless to have an Thanksgiving doorhanger when that evening, I'll be hanging my Christmas wreath.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Ervserver

yer hubby needs an eggnog
Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love to decorate for Thanksgiving. I just found a light up turkey for my bay window on line. Its so cute. I dont go over board like I do for Halloween and Christmas but I do have some little turkey and cornucopia items. I also leave some of my fall stuff out. But I like to start decorating for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving so its a little crazy that week with mixed decorations out haha. Then the day after Thanksgiving all turkeys/fall things come down and the rest of the Christmas goes up!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree

I would love to decorate for Thanksgiving, the problem is that it's hard to find Thanksgiving
decoration. For some reason the stores are very limited or do not have them at all.

To me it's a very important celebration but it doesn't seem to be to the retailers.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Christy Carol View Post
I still like to decorate for turkey day. It is like the poor lost holiday anymore. We barely even fit in Halloween anymore. I want to do something with the bird besides eat him!
I agree, Thanksgiving does tend to get lost in the crowd. I try to tie in Fall and Thanksgiving together for decoration.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I would love to decorate for Thanksgiving, the problem is that it's hard to find Thanksgiving
decoration. For some reason the stores are very limited or do not have them at all.

To me it's a very important celebration but it doesn't seem to be to the retailers.

Do you have any Michaels craft stores around your way? Last year I found a really cute turkey decoration and this year a turkey candle holder there. Also I ordered a light up turkey decoration from http://www.bronners.com/. I found a cute Happy Thanksgiving sign for my front door at Party City, and a turkey platter at a local dollar store last year also. They are hard to find, but I look early and have been looking the past few years. It seems like they are starting to come out with a little bit more each year. I leave my fall stuff out for Thanksgiving too. I love cornicopia items. They really remind me of Thanksgiving!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
They sound really cute Mrs. H....Would love to see pictures. I usually decorate with lots of pumpkins and more Halloween stuff for the fall season than anything. But I am getting more into other type of fall decor. I recently purchase some pumpkin scented candles and also got some really pretty leaves to lay out on the coffee table too. Then I can add my candle holders etc on top of that. I recently went to a yard sale and picked up this cute little Thanksgiving/Fall cream and sugar set and salt and pepper shakers for a buck. They were to cute to pass up. Sorry the pic isn't to great I had to use my cell phone. My laptop isn't working right and my software for my digital cam is on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 090808_22031[1].jpg (63.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
Thanksgiving is my favourite time to decorate - I know I am a nut. Love the colours, the flowers and entertaining during this time. Perfect weather usually, autumn is in full swing swing!

I like to use a lot of natural elements during this time, cornstalks, pumpkins, leaves and mums... scarecrows