Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » 20 Scariest Movies of All Time....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,914
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
20 Scariest Movies of All Time....

Entertainment Weekly came out with their 20 Scariest Movies of All Time.... Listed below...

THE SHINING (1980)
THE EXORCIST (1973)
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991)
JAWS (1975)
THE RING (2002)
HALLOWEEN (1978)
PSYCHO (1960)
SEVEN (1995)
ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)
POLTERGEIST (1982)
28 DAYS LATER (2003)
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
THE THING (1982)
THE EVIL DEAD (1982)
RIE (1976)
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)
THE OMEN (1976)
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981)
HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER (1990)

I think they missed a few such as...

Alien
Amityville Horror
Blair Witch
Friday 13th
Hellraiser
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nosferatu
Silent Hill

Your thoughts?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
The scariest to me on this list...not in order.

HALLOWEEN (1978)
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
POLTERGEIST (1982)
THE EVIL DEAD (1982)

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,761 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I saw The Shining when it came to theaters when I was teen and really didn't think it was that scary. Just my opinion, I really didn't care much for the movie at all.

Now the Exorcist! To me, that should be #1! At least it made #2. =) Just the thought of demonic spirits getting into a little girl is very frightening to me.

There are a few on that list I never seen.

Thanks for sharing Rod! =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (02-23-2011), rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
A lot of good ones listed, I'll throw in "Frailty", that one was just disturbing.

It's hard to list any recent ones, because they rely too much on gore. Too me, it's more scary to imagine the scares (Blair Witch) than to actually see all that gore (Saw).
gabulldawg (02-23-2011), lauriebear (08-30-2011), rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,123 Times in 693 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
One of my very favorite movies isn't on there either, although it isn't really too well known... "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane" with Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen. Such a good movie. And what about Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"? That too, is an awesome flick.

I think the list should also have: IT, Final Destination 2, Return of the Living Dead and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I agree that it is missing Friday the 13th; how could they have left that off? Granted, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes isn't scary, but it IS hilarious.

Besides FD2 and RoftLD, scary movies don't usually bother me. I love "Halloween" and just watched it again last night, but I think it is more disturbing than scary, same goes for the SAW movies and The Shining.

Some of the ones on the list I haven't seen, or didn't like much, but I do like these:
THE SHINING (1980)
HALLOWEEN (1978)
PSYCHO (1960)
POLTERGEIST (1982)
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
THE OMEN (1976)

Old 10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

hutz13 has shown a merry disposition
At the time it came out The Exorcist really scared me and I thought the movie was very well made including the the theme from Oldfield and the performances by all the lead actors.
The Following User Says Thank You to hutz13 For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,761 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by CharlestonNole View Post
It's hard to list any recent ones, because they rely too much on gore. Too me, it's more scary to imagine the scares (Blair Witch) than to actually see all that gore (Saw).
I agree! I do not like movies with a lot of gore. The slasher flicks are not for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (02-23-2011), lauriebear (08-30-2011), rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
It's an ok list... I agree Blair Witch should be on there. I also think Paranormal Activity even though it's relatively new...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgstyles For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (03-07-2011), gabulldawg (02-23-2011), lauriebear (08-30-2011), rodmonster (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I saw The Shining when it came to theaters when I was teen and really didn't think it was that scary. Just my opinion, I really didn't care much for the movie at all.
I heard so much about this movie over the years and finally saw it on tv a few weeks ago and thought it was rubbish. Not scary at all and really a terrible film
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,787 Times in 1,185 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I remember when The Exorcist came out in the 70s, the commercials gave me nightmares! It wasn't until just a few years ago that I finally could get myself to watch it. To me that is the scariest movie of all time.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-30-2011)