Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » 20 Scariest Movies of All Time....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 04-01-2011, 06:45 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I still think that the original Salem's Lot was seriously scary -especially when then kid floats outside the bedroom window!!!!
The book scared me!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-30-2011), shellie12 (08-30-2011)

Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I agree,I have always said Salem's Lot was the scariest.I remember watchin it as a kid and it scared the you know what outta me!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Time to bring it back!!!

Originally Posted by rodmonster View Post
Entertainment Weekly came out with their 20 Scariest Movies of All Time.... Listed below...

THE SHINING (1980)
THE EXORCIST (1973)
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991)
JAWS (1975)
THE RING (2002)
HALLOWEEN (1978)
PSYCHO (1960)
SEVEN (1995)
ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)
POLTERGEIST (1982)
28 DAYS LATER (2003)
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
THE THING (1982)
THE EVIL DEAD (1982)
RIE (1976)
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)
THE OMEN (1976)
AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981)
HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER (1990)

I think they missed a few such as...

Alien
Amityville Horror
Blair Witch
Friday 13th
Hellraiser
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nosferatu
Silent Hill

Your thoughts?
OK I thought it was a good time to re-hash this - Thank you Rod!!!

So I think they missed quite a few and I believe THE EXORCIST (1973) is the all time #1 scary movie, IMO!!! Tee hee but here are some I think they forgot... And I will not mention Friday the 13th we I think all agree it should be on the list!!!

Phantasm 1979
Carrie - 1976 (How was this left off????)
The Hills Have Eyes - 1977
Pumpkinhead - 1988
Scream - 1996 (only this one in the series)
Wrong Turn - 2003 (gore too but very freaky)
Dark Night of the Scarecrow - 1981 (this was a TV movie but very good - it makes you think)
It - 1995 (this was a TV movie but just down right scary for me)
Misery - 1990
The Omen - 1976
Ghost Ship - 2002 (I know it got bashed but it really is quite good - take another look)
The Fog - 1980
Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight - 1995 (I had to put this on)
Jacob's Ladder - 1990
Jeepers Creepers - 2001 (I think the ending does this for me it is so freaky)
House of Wax - 1953
The Haunting – 1963

Some Odd ones to Consider maybe night blood curling but still within the creep factor...

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane - 1962
Bride Of Frankenstein - 1935
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956
The Stepford Wives - 1975
The 6th Sense - 1999
The Changeling - 1980
Creep Show - 1982
Sleepy Hollow - 1999
The Picture Of Dorian Gray - 1945

Now these are in no particular order just ones that I think are scary.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,168 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I got a good scare from Paranormal Activity and Insidious. Whew!
lauriebear (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I'm going to stick Children of the Corn up there too! The original Wicker Man also freaked me out just a bit........
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Christmas Deity

lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I'm going to stick Children of the Corn up there too! The original Wicker Man also freaked me out just a bit........
Now how did I forget that one Children of the Corn is SO creepy I still do not like the corn maze!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Christmas Deity

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
I got a good scare from Paranormal Activity and Insidious. Whew!
I haven't seen Insidious yet, but as we call it here Spooky night in America is fast approaching !!!!
Bradmac (08-31-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
bell

hi have to agree with a lot of yu when you say THE EXORCIST
have seen bits of it never have sat and watched the full film dont think i could it wood play on my mind when i go to sleep

And maureen said about salams lot omg i remember that scared me half to death especially the window bit and the 1st time we seen the head boyo himself
The Following User Says Thank You to shellie12 For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Christmas Deity

Originally Posted by shellie12 View Post
hi have to agree with a lot of yu when you say THE EXORCIST
have seen bits of it never have sat and watched the full film dont think i could it wood play on my mind when i go to sleep

And maureen said about salams lot omg i remember that scared me half to death especially the window bit and the 1st time we seen the head boyo himself

Oh yeah remember that part... it creeps me out but come Oct I do like "getting into the scary mood"
Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Christmas Decoration Expert
Last Achievements

JeanetteDi has shown a merry disposition
I'm still so terrified of the Exorcist I haven't seen it!

I think the SAW movies definitely scared me though. And Paranormal Activity kept me awake for a few days.