Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Gifts for 22 & 23 yr old guys?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
63,060 Views  0 Posts
When It is Not Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:26 PM
44,316 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
Gift for Men
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:42 PM
57,150 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,148 Views  2 Posts

Old 10-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Gifts for 22 & 23 yr old guys?

I've been saving money ever since summer for Christmas shopping. I go to college and I have barely any free time with all of the homework I have. Luckily, I do some small work for my mom's company when I'm not completely buried in school work. I'm not one of those crafty people and I'm not the best at baking, so I know I want to buy something.

My budget is 50-100 dollars for each of them. My boyfriend is the 22 year old, and my brother is the 23 year old. I could always get them a couple of nice shirts or something, but I don't think that seems genuine or well-thought out. I want this Christmas to be really special, especially because it is my first Christmas with my boyfriend. I feel like video games have been so overdone as well.

Both of them like sports, but what can I do with that? I don't feel like handing them a football and a basketball each is exciting. I think most guys have owned plenty of footballs/basketballs in their lifetime.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?! I'm not trying to be picky at all, I'm open for any ideas. They are both typical boys and I'm sure anything will work. The only thing they might not be too fond of is tools, they are lazy! hahaha!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,822 Times in 9,094 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You mention they like sports. Do they have a favorite sports team or player they like? You could get a them a team jersey or hat.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Video games? Someone on here said Amazon was having a sale on video games through Saturday
Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 AM
kerstig

Maybe for your boyfriend a ticket to great match? I don't know how expensive that is over there, but here, you oculd easily go to a sport match for that money and get some fan-articles to make the present look more exciting! The best thing about having a boyfriend is making great memories together, so he'll be thrilled to go with you

For your brother maybe get a jersy like Christmas-A-Holic suggested...? Or maybe get him a set of great cd's, my brother is that age and he always likes to get music... maybe as they like sport some winter sports gear...? My brothers always are freezed when they get back from sporting in the winter, so i'm getting them (all 4 of them :P ) these:

it's a base layer to wear under there sporting clothes, i think i'll also get them some cd's and i'm thinking of something personal to go with it, like maybe set a date to get our picture taken with all five of us (as we don't have decent picture with all five of us)
hope i helped...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Is there a particular tv series the boys in your life like? You could get them their favorite season on DVD.
I 2nd the team jersey idea. That's a good idea.
Maybe tickets to the games?
Let us know what you end up deciding on!! This is fun!! LOL

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Well my husband is easy to buy for, hes 31 and loves Transformers...so im getting him a few off me and the kids. Does either like/collect anything in particular???
Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

hutz13 has shown a merry disposition
From a guy's perspective, I don't think a nice shirt or sweater is a bad call ... If your two guys hate shopping for clothes like I do they might appreciate getting clothes. The team jersey idea is solid as well if they have a special team.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I think tickets to a sports game would be a nice idea or how about cologne for your boyfriend? If he likes wearing cologne..that was always one of my top gifts for my boyfriend (well Im married now) but my prior boyfriend always liked cologne too. You can sometimes get a gift set for cologne around the holidays for a little bit of a cheaper price. Goodluck. I am sure they will be happy with whatever you decide to get them

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thank you all!! I love the sports shirts idea. Both of them are obsessed with the Pittsburgh Steelers, so I can look for a team jersey for the both of them. I love the tickets idea, too, I can see how much the prices are for that. I'm sure they'd love going to a game! I totally forgot about cologne as well. My boyfriend wears it all of the time and I myself am starting to get tired of the same one that he wears, so getting him a new one would be perfect.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Do they play paintball? If so is there a place in your area in which they could go, and play paintball? Maybe you could pay their entrance fee or give them a case of paintballs to go along with their certificate.