Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » What do you have for your Christmas dinner?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Remember when Black...
By MMC Editor
11-12-2013 12:55 AM
Last post by thechristmasmusicman
01-27-2014 10:42 AM
19,079 Views  4 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
50,070 Views  1 Posts
Gift for Men
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:42 PM
57,150 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,558 Views  0 Posts
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,145 Views  8 Posts

Old 10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Whoever is hosting Christmas dinner will provide the turkey and ham.
Then everyone else will bring the sides.

My stepmom will cook a turkey and a huge ham. She will also make dressing. Cornbread dressing!! We will have cranberry sauce with that.

My sisters and sister in law will bring casseroles like potato casserole, corn casserole, and broccoli and cheese casserole.

I will bring the same.

Then, we all bring different desserts. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and whatever else.

We usually have colas and sweet tea/unsweet tea to drink.

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
Couldn't get any more traditional in our house:-
Breakfast (after present opening!) Bacon sandwiches- the only cooking my Husband does over the Holidays!!
Soup or prawn platter to start,Turkey, Roast potatoes, mash, stuffing balls, bacon wrapped sausages, roast parsnips & carrots, lots of veg & real gravy. We usually have sherry triffel for dessert made by my friend who comes every year.
Turkey sandwiches & salad later on & lots of wine throughout the day!!!!!- making me hungry thinking about it!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
Couldn't get any more traditional in our house:-
Breakfast (after present opening!) Bacon sandwiches- the only cooking my Husband does over the Holidays!!
Soup or prawn platter to start,Turkey, Roast potatoes, mash, stuffing balls, bacon wrapped sausages, roast parsnips & carrots, lots of veg & real gravy. We usually have sherry triffel for dessert made by my friend who comes every year.
Turkey sandwiches & salad later on & lots of wine throughout the day!!!!!- making me hungry thinking about it!
mrsED you from the uk by any chance as that menu looks very british,mines very similar.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Breakfast is usually sausage and eggs or cinnamon rolls. This year I'm going to try my hand at a "Breakfast Bundt".

Dinner is as follows, give or take a few:
Ham or Turkey, depends on what kind of deal I find
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Stove Top Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes w/Marshmallows
Bean Salad
Baby Carrots
Green Bean Casserole
Rolls

Pies, cakes, cookies etc...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
Hi jayden28,
Im from Lancashire, did your wife find your stash of Decorations yet lol!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

jennycake has shown a merry disposition
ummm reading all this is making me very hungry!

Breakfast is usually a chocolate selection box in my house haha although last year we had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs yummm oh and Bucks fizz!

Dinner is the traditional Turkey, Roast potatoes, Roast parsnips, stuffing, pigs in Blankets, veg and then Christmas pudding with cream for pudding!

Lots of chocolates in between and maybe a Turkey sandwich with piccalili if I can fit it in!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennycake For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (11-09-2010), MrsEd (11-04-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
For breakfast I think Im going to try a French Toast Casserole this year. We usually have cinnamon rolls... lunch is something light since we eat dinner early.

Dinner is:

Sprial Ham
Homemade stuffing
Mashed potatoes
I may try to make homemade mac and cheese this year
Greenbean casserole
Corn
Peas
Brown and serve rolls
Christmas cookies and some sort of pie for dessert!

I forgot that my Mom usually makes cucumber salad too!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:05 PM

clarice has shown a merry disposition
Ham, beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, plenty of desserts. Sometimes, since I don't eat potato salad or anything like that, my mom will fix me something else. I really do wish we could have something different for Christmas dinner, but alas, it's kinda a tradition to have that stuff. Oh well. At least I can enjoy Thanksgiving for the food.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by MrsEd View Post
Hi jayden28,
Im from Lancashire, did your wife find your stash of Decorations yet lol!
lol,no not yet and i dont think she will,i took her to homebase today to get more decorations i told her we ain't got enough
Old 11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Last Achievements

agentm13 has shown a merry disposition
Homemade manicotti and sauce and pasta and bruchole...so good