Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Does Santa wrap his presents for your kids?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,450
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:54 PM
78,376 Views  0 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,568 Views  0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,946 Views  0 Posts
Voices of Elves in the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:22 PM
0 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,606 Views  2 Posts

Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,186 Times in 364 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Santa gifts used to always be wrapped in different paper but not any more since my daughter has gotten older, it's much easier to get the wrapping done now.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
Santa's presents were always wrapped! In the same paper? Not always...We did question it one year, and my parents just said something like, "There's only so many styles of wrapping paper, he probably just got the same kind". Still makes sense to me .

My husband grew up with Santa not leaving wrapped presents, they were always left unwrapped for him and his sister - When my husband told me this, it was so foreign and strange to me. Half the fun for me and my brother was the actual opening of the presents, even ones from Santa.

The first year we lived together, we decided to wrap all of our presents to eachother and that's the way it's been since. We also hide our gifts (even the already wrapped ones) until Christmas Eve and then put them under the tree before bed...Makes it more of a surprise Christmas morning. There's just the two of us, so our gift-opening doesn't take all that long. So it's nice to have things to unwrap!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

jennycake has shown a merry disposition
The presents from Father Christmas are always wrapped in our house and in different paper to the tree presents, thats the way my parents did it and I have just carried it on with my children

I have a very suspicious 8 year old this year who is starting to have little doubts about Santa existing so I have to be extra careful and not give any clues away!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,503 Times in 26,591 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Santa always wraps our gifts but not our stocking stuffer's. Most of the time it was the same wrapping paper as all of the other gifts.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

UnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry dispositionUnchosenFragmnts has shown a merry disposition
When I was a kid, Toys R Us or Lionel Toy Warehouse or KB Toys was my favorite place in the whole world. I didn't buy a whole lot of toys (other than GI Joe) but I just loved looking at all the toys. It had to be a weird fascination. In fact I still do it, just not as frequently.

In our house there were four boys and none of Santas presents were wrapped. I wouldn't have it any other way. There were plenty of gifts wrapped under the tree before Christmas Eve. And then on Christmas morning when we all got up and went into our living room, there were just 4 piles of unwrapped toys. One pile specifically for each kid and walking into it and just seeing it was almost like having your own personalized little toy store. It didn't make Christmas morning any less surprising. Plus as busy as Santa is, when does he have time to wrap presents? How would he know whose toy was who if he carried a whole bunch of wrapped up packages?

I don't have any kids but if I did, santa would defeniately not wrap the toys. Mom and dad would have a few presents for the kids and they would be wrapped.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnchosenFragmnts For This Useful Post:
TamaraQT (11-09-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,470 Times in 911 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Santa wraps all the gifts he places under the trees in wrapping paper that has santas on it. He also wraps most of the stocking stuffers too.

All non-santa gifts get wrapped in wrapping paper that has NO santas on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
TamaraQT (11-09-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Gina215 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
Santa wraps all the gifts he places under the trees in wrapping paper that has santas on it. He also wraps most of the stocking stuffers too.

That's a great way to do it, love that!

All of our Santa gifts get wrapped, in different wrapping paper. That's the way my mom and dad did it for me and my brother, too. Our gifts from eachother all go under the tree, and the gifts from Santa that come Christmas eve are set in a pile just next to the tree. Most stocking stuffers get wrapped also. Stockings are usually SO FULL that they can't hang and have to be set on a chair! My husbands family did it the same way, except all the gifts from Santa were place under the tree.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gina215 For This Useful Post:
Minta (11-10-2010)
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
as a child my Santa gift was always unwrapped

Last year Will's santa gift was unwrapped too.. a big ride on tractor... i am not sure but I kinda like the unwrapped idea....
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by UnchosenFragmnts View Post
In our house there were four boys and none of Santas presents were wrapped. I wouldn't have it any other way. There were plenty of gifts wrapped under the tree before Christmas Eve. And then on Christmas morning when we all got up and went into our living room, there were just 4 piles of unwrapped toys. One pile specifically for each kid and walking into it and just seeing it was almost like having your own personalized little toy store. It didn't make Christmas morning any less surprising. Plus as busy as Santa is, when does he have time to wrap presents? How would he know whose toy was who if he carried a whole bunch of wrapped up packages?

I don't have any kids but if I did, santa would defeniately not wrap the toys. Mom and dad would have a few presents for the kids and they would be wrapped.
I guess that was the philosphy of my family too. Especially since the other presents had to wait until after dinner to open. As a child I remember only being interested in the gifts from Santa and it sure was very enjoyable to wake up christmas morning (sometimes before dawn) to see a tree full of TOYS and not just wrapped boxes!

Originally Posted by Minta View Post

Now even though I dont wrap toys, I do like this idea. That way the kids would be able to tell immediately which ones came from santa and which ones didn't. Thats a good one!!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Santa wraps his presents in special Santa wrapping paper.