Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Has anyone ever tried this?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear

Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Has anyone ever tried this?

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Tur...ered-Gas-Grill

I have thought about trying it out..I have a smaller kitchen and it gets heated up quickly.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

laikengrace has shown a merry dispositionlaikengrace has shown a merry disposition
Hi, I almost always do my Turkey on my gas grill, though I've never tried the stuffing on the grill. I put my turkey in a tin-foil type roaster pan, season it well, and then I put a couple of the very small tinfoil pans inside along side the turkey, with coke in them....this helps keep the turkey moist and tenderized. Then wrap tight with tinfoil. I put my pan on the opposite side from the heat....I think it's called indirect grilling. It makes a wonderful, moist turkey. I sometimes inject mine with different marinades and its great also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laikengrace For This Useful Post:
snowytree (09-28-2010), whitney37354 (11-02-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by laikengrace View Post
Hi, I almost always do my Turkey on my gas grill, though I've never tried the stuffing on the grill. I put my turkey in a tin-foil type roaster pan, season it well, and then I put a couple of the very small tinfoil pans inside along side the turkey, with coke in them....this helps keep the turkey moist and tenderized. Then wrap tight with tinfoil. I put my pan on the opposite side from the heat....I think it's called indirect grilling. It makes a wonderful, moist turkey. I sometimes inject mine with different marinades and its great also.

Thanks for the info!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
I want to try this so badly but I am afraid. Maybe I should try it before then so I will know huh?
The Following User Says Thank You to TamaraQT For This Useful Post:
snowytree (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

laikengrace has shown a merry dispositionlaikengrace has shown a merry disposition
Tamara...

I would try it ahead of time so you'd know how long it will take on your grill. It is very moist and tender.....it's my favorite way to do turkey. Try it...I think you'll like it!
The Following User Says Thank You to laikengrace For This Useful Post:
snowytree (09-29-2010)
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,244 Times in 3,763 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Never tried, but it sounds good! Keep us posted if you try!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
snowytree (09-29-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,004 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
I have never tried it,and to be honest.Ive just now learned how to cook turkey anyway..well I would not say learned but rather did it myself.when I was married my wife always cooked the turkey. I was really intimidated the first time I cooked one in the oven but once it turned out ok and no one got sick,its actually fun..I want to deep fry one one day soon. I bet on the grill it would be great too.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My father-in-law did that one year. It wasn't actually too bad but, since it had that "grilled" taste it just didn't taste like Thanksgiving to me.