Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When do you send out Christmas cards and how many?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

tracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry disposition
When do you send out Christmas cards and how many?

Just wondering when everyone sends out their Christmas cards and how many you send out. I usually have mine done by the first week of December. I mail out about 15 and then hand out about the same amount. We have an extended family Christmas party at the beginning of December so I hand out alot of my cards then. I've cut my list way back over the past few years and no longer send cards to people that I havn't received one from in years. Saves some time and money.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I also send mine out the first week of December as I feel that they are also part of the holiday decor in a Christmas home. I have reduced my list by checking off who is sending cards to me in return. I don't do this to be an ogre, but I do feel that if these folks are of sound mind and health, and don't feel any desire to return a wish of peace and love during this season, it's time to save the stamp!
I send out about 30 cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
MrsEd (11-03-2010)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I usually try to get mine out by the second week of December. I think we probably send out about 20 or so cards.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
We have an enormous family,so I like to have them all written for the 1st week of Dec. As we have a small family business I was posting out to the customers that had used our services for the past couple of yrs but it got so out of hand & cost a small fortune in stamps as the postage here in the UK has been altered for sizes etc so I dont think I will do that this year. I have found that we get less than we send, as people tend to like Ecards- not the same for me- I like to put my cards up so I can look at them.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,741 Times in 364 Posts
'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I send mine out first week in December. About 40 in total. Haven't got this years cards, so that's on the to do list.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
I participate in the Christmas Card Exchange here, so I usually like to get them out by the 1st weekend of December. The other cards I mail to family/friends are sent out around the same time.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

hutz13 has shown a merry disposition
Usually 50-60 cards first or second week of Decemeber.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I have a variety of friends and family on my Christmas card list--60-ish or so. I'm going to try to have them out during the first week of December. I try to send my international cards first.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,210 Times in 28,865 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not counting the card exchange for here I send out about 30 cards. I usually mail them the weekend after thanksgiving.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,003 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
I start sending them out the first week of december. I send them out to my extended family which is huge..and also my co workers and friends. I would say about 75 all together.