Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When do you send out Christmas cards and how many?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Polar Express (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:00 PM
44,000 Views  0 Posts
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,009 Views  8 Posts
Clement Clarke Moore:...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:58 PM
Last post by Jeff Westover
12-19-2011 11:09 AM
61,624 Views  2 Posts
“The Man Who Didn’t Know...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:18 AM
57,597 Views  0 Posts
The Magic of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:12 PM
55,791 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I send out 40 Christmas cards, and they usually go out by the second week of December. I'm stocked up on cards,buying them at discounted prices after the holidays, so i won't need to buy any for a few years. The people I send cards to, I usually wait two years, and if I don;t get a card from them two years in a row, I don't send them one any more. I have had a few people, who only send once in a while. FORGET it. If they're not going to send everyyear, then I don't send one at all.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
We send out about 30 greetings, but the time varies. Alas, many of you are far more organized than our busy household.

A blessed and joyous season to you all! Merry Christmas!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Normally the middle of December

I send about 10 to close friends and family
Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

okcguy1976 has shown a merry disposition
It seems people don't send out Christmas cards the way they used to. I send out some, just to my small family and a few friends. I usually send them out about the middle of December.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I send out all of my Christmas cards on December 1st every year
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 AM
kerstig

I usually send out about 20, but this year It was cheaper to buy 100, then 20, so I ordered 100, and they turned out so beautiful, that I don't want to throw away to many... I do regret not particapating in the christmas card exchange! It would have worked wonderfully!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,202 Times in 480 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I usually send around 60 actually (I missed the card exchange this year but I usually send out all those too). But I only receive about 20 or so. I figure...I enjoy sending the cards and maybe the people enjoy receiving them whether they send me one. A bunch of people always thank me, whether they send me one or not. So eh, I like it, I keep sending them.

I actually know exactly who has sent them to me because I keep them hung on my basement door all year round. Not everyone knows that I keep them posted all year though. One of my friends who knows about it had a photo card made, which she signed "Here's happy wishes to you, ALL YEAR LONG!" hah hah.

It's one of the few things I do that reminds me of Christmas throughout the year. That...and fake mistletoe above the door, bells on the door handle, red and green bells as my fan/light pulls...etc etc. hah hah.

Originally Posted by kerstig View Post
I usually send out about 20, but this year It was cheaper to buy 100, then 20, so I ordered 100, and they turned out so beautiful, that I don't want to throw away to many... I do regret not particapating in the christmas card exchange! It would have worked wonderfully!
If you're just dying to mail them out you could always get the card list from here and mail them to everyone anyway. Some folks would send you a card in return if they knew what was up, I'm sure. hah hah.

Send me one...I'll send you one back!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

First to second week of December. And not counting the exchange, this year I am sending out around 30ish. Cut back my card list this year because I have been sending out way more over the years and it seems people want to do the E-Card thing.... sooooo those people will get an e-card. I do have an aunt however that doesnt send us a card, but I still send her one this is because she helped raise me and she ALWAYS calls when she gets her card and we talk for what seems like hours. Also kind of hard for her to write when she has RA and fibromyaglia.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'll be happy to send you one too Kerstig !

I just finished writing all my cards on the exchange list, phew, that's a lot of work !! I do everybody on the list and I mail those end of November so they arrive in the first week of December. Then another 50 or so to friends around the world and to my family and some local friends. Those I send after Dec 10 because they don't want them earlier and then another twenty I drop in my neighbours mailboxes around the mid of December.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,202 Times in 480 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks Kerstig!

Man alive Kerst...you must get a boatload of cards! I bet they're posted all over your house. You'd need 10 doors to cover if you did what I do and paste them on the door.