Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » On Christmas Day...

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,945)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Tracks of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:33 PM
0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2008
By MMC Editor
06-11-2008 11:14 PM
40,004 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Holiday Twist: Themed...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:32 AM
0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,260 Views  0 Posts
Others: The History of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:23 PM
64,746 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Father Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We usually open the presents around 10am nowadays, then we start drinking mulled wine and I pinch a home made mince pie or two

I always insist my parents let us light their fire as they dont normally use it, this makes it lovely and cosy as we prepare for lunch.

Theres the inevitable disaster with lighting the fire, usually smoke pouring back into the living room or newspaper catching fire lol!

Oh how could I forget...Christmas Vacation is always watched without fail!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

WinterGirl has shown a merry disposition
Before we had kids, my husband and I would make breakfast together (usually an omelette and French toast). Then we would open presents, which usually took a while because we would look at each thing together. After that, we always went for a long walk around the neighborhood and looked at all of the lights that were usually left on all day. We'd go home, drink hot cider or egg nog, and just enjoy each other's company. I usually made food for dinner the night before, so at around noon, I'd put the ham in the oven, and we'd eat when it was ready. So, basically Christmas was just a lazy day to enjoy each other's company, since we'd see our families on Christmas Eve.

Now that we have kids, Christmas Day is a lot more exciting! After presents and stockings, we bake Christmas cookies with the kids, watch a movie, and sneak in some time to drink hot cider while the kids play with their presents. We all go out and run around in the snow, and at night we bundle up and walk around to look at the lights.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

XmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry dispositionXmasRoxMySox2010 has shown a merry disposition
We have brekkie and go to a family friends place for a traditional Christmas lunch.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
After the gifts are opened Christmas morning (which doesn't take long, it's just me and hubby...and our kitty ) we go over to either my parents or DH parents for the morning.

We rotate every year where we go. This year, we will go to my parents in the morning and go to the in-laws for the afternoon and have dinner there.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

ChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasFanatic56 has shown a merry disposition
After presents we have a huge breakfast - Then its an entire day of playing games and watching our favorite Christmas movies and TV Specials with a huge late dinner to conclude the evening!

Love this thread BTW!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Christmasologist

mommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elfmommytotwo is a good elf
Sounds like everyone has great Christmas traditions, and celebrations. Thank you for sharing.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
We usually have a big breakfast together after we open presents, but the last 9 years I have to rush off to work so I don't get to eat breakfast with my family
Old 11-10-2010, 01:00 AM
kerstig

I have exactly the same problem! It's the same thing every year! I get up ALL exited, dress nicely, have breakfast... and then??
In Holland it's tradition to have your dinner late, so we have the whole day open! My boyfriend gets annoyed if i spend the enitre day in the kitchen :P and my brothers just want to play games (and get annoying if they loose :P so i don't want to play with them :P )

And also:
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
we only live in a small apartment, but as soon as we have a nice, big house i will be hosting christmas. it'll be an open house for all family and friends with lots of food and drink, christmas music and christmas movies. i can't wait.
We have the same thing... I visit my family during christmas, but as I don't live there, it feel real akward during the afternoon...

I thought maybe this year look up chistmas activities like sledgerides/walks etc. in the neighboorhood, and maybe make my own christmas game??
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
On Christmas day, the kids get to play with their stuff from santa. They are usually up by 7 or 8. I make a QUICK breakfast or they snack on stuff left over from the christmas eve party. Sometimes i make a breakfast casserole. Then I am in the kitchen making a turkey, ham and pot roast dinner with all the trimmings. My hubby watches TV and relaxes. By the time dinner is almost done, family members begin to arrive. They play with the kids or watch tv with hubby or socialize in the kitchen with me. We have a buffet style dinner together. After dinner, we sit around the tree and open gifts. By the time we clean up and the last guest/family leaves, it is usually bedtime or close to it. I cuddle up in bed and watch tv until i fall asleep. The day after Christmas I usually announce VERY LOUDLY to my hubby there are only 365 days til Christmas!!!