Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What are you doing for Bonfire Night?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,245 Views  0 Posts
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,845 Views  0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,301 Views  3 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
“Home for the Holidays”...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:45 AM
40,740 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
What are you doing for Bonfire Night?

It looks like we will have rain tomorrow night so I wont be having fireworks until next week. What are you all doing?
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-04-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,642 Times in 4,416 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Never heard of Bonfire Night. What is it?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Probably lift a glass in toast to Guy and company! No fires in the U.S. though; at least not around these parts.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
We where to attend a big Rotary club Bonfire & fireworks display but not sure what's going to happen now as the kids & I are rough with bad colds- might have to stick to watching through the bedroom window!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:19 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,394 Times in 14,010 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Same here, I never heard of it.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

jennycake has shown a merry disposition
We are having a few friends round on saturday night for fireworks, sparklers, hotdogs, soup...the kids love it and the local big display is so busy I just prefer doing a few at home
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
ive checked the weather around birmingham and it looks ok,i brought my fireworks this morning and i cant wait till tomorrow,mum will be doing loads of cooking because its also diwali tommorrow which is the festival of light for us indians,its the first time for ages that bonfire night and diwali has fallen on the same night,the skys will be lit up like crazy around birmingham come tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,084 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
I wasn't sure myself and had to have a look. Here it is from Wikipedia;

"Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Bonfire Night, is an annual celebration, primarily in Great Britain, traditionally and usually held on the evening of 5 November. Festivities are centred on the use of fireworks and the lighting of bonfires.
Historically, the celebrations mark the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot of 5 November 1605."

Maybe we'll have a fire in the fireplace to celebrate Bonfire Night. No fireworks allowed in our area, though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-05-2010), gabulldawg (11-07-2010), xmas365 (11-05-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

wstc314 has shown a merry disposition
Some friends will be cooking a dinner and invited me around for that. Following that,the plan is to go down on the beach to watch the fireworks, weather permitting. Hope it turns out to be a good night to watch them!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
"Guy Fawkes Night...
Ummmmmm......

How is that pronounced? Just curious.

YS
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowSnow For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (11-07-2010)