Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Its getting close!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Its getting close!!!

So how are you all doing on your Christmas shopping and preparations? Are your decorations up already? Is all your shopping done? So far ive only got one Christmas ornament out and I still have a lot of shopping for gifts to do yet. My tree is going up sometime in the week. I cant wait as I took my son to our local TK Maxx store yesterday and he was in awe of the decorations. Last year he was only 8 months at Christmas. This year will be even better as he understands more.
Next Sunday (21) is when the lights switch on in town and I have the Christmas farm to visit between now and December...so a lot to look forward to.
Whats happeneing in your part of the world?

Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,162 Times in 4,629 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We haven't done anything yet. We always wait till the last minute! I'm hoping, though, that we can start shopping soon and get it behind us. I want to go out and see some decorations, go to some parades and enjoy the season this year!
Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

It appears you have things well underway, Kelly Ann. So far we just have the electric candles in the front windows and in the living room one decorative little "glitter house" that I just finished making and a tiny St. Nick on the mantle. We will put our large tree up on Nov. 26 and after that our decorating will take about two weeks to finish. One of our local radio stations has already switched to an all Christmas music format so it would appear a lot of us are focusing on the Season.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
It appears you have things well underway, Kelly Ann. So far we just have the electric candles in the front windows and in the living room one decorative little "glitter house" that I just finished making and a tiny St. Nick on the mantle. We will put our large tree up on Nov. 26 and after that our decorating will take about two weeks to finish. One of our local radio stations has already switched to an all Christmas music format so it would appear a lot of us are focusing on the Season.
2 Weeks to finish decorating?? Gosh, you must have LOADS of decorations??
Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
2 Weeks to finish decorating?? Gosh, you must have LOADS of decorations??
Yes I'm afraid we do. We've been in our house for 18 years and we just can't help adding to our decorations. Now we have four trees, (9 ft., 6ft. and two 4 ft.) greens and lights on the mantle, Nativity sets, collections of Santa, angel and snowman figures, toy soldiers, a Christmas village scene, holiday prints to replace some of the usual pictures on our walls, etc.. Some people may think we overdo it but I'm sure there are members of this forum that out do us. The house seems rather dull for a little while after we remove our decorations at the end of the season but we minimize the impact by slowly putting things away. The last bits remain until Candlemas.
kelly ann (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

I dont think you overdo the decorations...in fact I think its great
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
reindeerelf (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Snowflake

We haven't done a thing for Christmas yet
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 688 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
I am almost done shopping, only a few more things to go. Yay! I bought some new lights for the window, and some new pink and new silver ornaments for the tree this week. The decor won't be going up until the day after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
We have not started yet....but soon.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Bauble has shown a merry dispositionBauble has shown a merry disposition
I have half of my shopping done and thinking of putting my tree up in 2 weeks time i cannot wait