Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » It's not Christmas Eve if I dont.....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
For me, it's not Christmas Eve if I don't have a home filled with family and friends. I have an annual christmas eve open house, and if I don't have that, it will not seem like Christmas Eve to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TamaraQT For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), JOHNOR (11-12-2010), MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Santa comes around our neighborhood on a local firetruck right after dinner time on Christmas Eve. The kids are always excited and strain to hear the horns of the fire truck. Once they hear the horn, they know santa is close by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

We have friends that have been hosting a Christmas Eve brunch (re. feast) for family and close friends which is always a warm and pleasant get together. Then, after evening mass it's just the two of us with our decorations, a nice fire in the hearth, our two foxhounds curled up in their beds, a cup of good cheer in our hands and the TSO Christmas DVD. playing on the TV and stereo.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Eve Mass, a nice dinner, candles burning and hopefully something on TV. It's the only night I leave the tree on all night.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, followed by my daughter and I watching Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol... we started when she was three... she's twenty, now...
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), JOHNOR (11-12-2010), MsChristmas (07-22-2011), snowflake22 (07-20-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Well, our Christmas Eve traditions have been tweaked over the years with marriages, deaths, births, jobs, but for the past few years:

It's not Christmas Eve if I don't... rise at 6 a.m., shower, then clean house & do laundry while watching/listening to NBC morning news shows. Gotta have a clean house because Santa is coming! In the afternoon, go to DH's best friend's house for gift exchange. At night, make cookies for Santa with DD & watch her spread reindeer food on the front lawn. Stay up until midnight, then help Santa put the gifts near the tree.

One thing I have done for Christmas Eve/Christmas Morning that I hope to never do again: take a toddler to the ER at midnight!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,823 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I'm the organist at my Church, so to me it's not Christmas Eve if I'm not playing services until 12:00 midnight. Usually, Hubby will show up for the last service and sit in the loft with me. And he sings all the carols, which I love. After that, we go home and watch the Christmas Eve service from the Vatican (what a beautiful Sanctuary they have!) and eat lunchmeat sandwiches and drink eggnog. Of course, we both get to sleep in the next morning, which is a great Christmas present in itself!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), happyelf (08-17-2011), MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
be with my family....stand before my grandma s and granpa s christmas tree and see their eyes sparkle when their great-grand-children open the presents

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), JOHNOR (11-12-2010), kelly ann (11-12-2010), MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it's not christmas eve for me unless i watch a christmas church service on tv, either the 6pm showing or the midnight mass. it's so beautiful to watch and reminds me what christmas is all about.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-13-2010), ClaireLovesChristmas (11-13-2010), MsChristmas (07-22-2011)
Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
my christmas eve normally consists of last minute shopping,watching movies and the kids opening whats in there christmas stockings.