Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » The hardest job in the world....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
The hardest job in the world....

Is being a parent. My daughter was taken into casualty last night as she suffered an asthma attack. Im shocked and really upset as she hasnt had one for over two years. I dont know what brought it on but all my worse fears are back. She had eczema terrible when she was younger too, which is linked to the asthma.. We went through Hell and back with that. To think its all starting again....urghhh, I hope it is a one off. My husband is there with her now as I had to stay with my son. Shes ok, just really hyper at the moment with the medication. Im hoping she will be home later.
To top it all off, and I dont know if anyone here believes things happen for a reason, but I got a call from my aunt at 3 am this morning too. She told me my sister had phoned my brother to tell him about Paige. Luckily she did. Because he have been having trouble with his girlfriend lately so he went out for a drink with his friend. His mate mustve caught a taxi home and my brother was in a state...not just with drink but with all thats going on in his relationship...found himself wandering to the other end of the city centre and he had no idea where he was...my quick thinking sister asked him what shops/streeet signs he recognised and she had a cab called for him to take him to her house!! Thank God!!! I dread to think what wouldve happened to him that time of the morning. If my sister hadnt phoned I dont know where hed be right now....

Old 11-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

MrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry dispositionMrsEd has shown a merry disposition
Sorry to hear about all that, I hope your little girl makes a speedy recovery. When my younger brother was little he was just the same, I had to look after him sometimes when my parents where at work & a couple of times I had to get him to hospital- thank goodness it was only a 10min walk from the house. He had to have a home nebullizer for a couple of years, it was a distressing thing to see but he is now a 23yr old man & his skin is fairly clear, he is prone to chesty coughs ( silly lad was a smoker) but he has a full & happy life. I am sure your brother will sort himself out, he is lucky to have such good sisters to look out for him. Take care
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsEd For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-13-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Firstly, take a DEEP breath, secondly, go hug Danny tightly because that will make you feel better

Paige is in the best place and they can do wondrous things for asthma attacks these days. Kids are also very resilient and she'll bounce back from this quicker than you and Craig will!

I also believe in some sort of inner radar system that knows when one of yours needs help. In whatever way it manifests itself, I think it kicks in when needed. Your brother is home and safe now. Try not to dwell on the "what might have been's" because you've got enough to deal with in the here and now. Handle everything one thing at a time. Despite thinking otherwise, you aren't Superwoman so to keep your sanity, deal with the problems as they arise; don't go looking for things that have been or may be.

You've also got the support of your family which is a very powerful thing, so take heart. And if worse come to worse, look yourself in the bathroom for 5 minutes, bawl your eyes out in private and come back ready to face the world again; that works a treat, I can promise you!!!!!!!

My shoulders are large and accommodating if you ever need them Kelly xxxxx
Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Thank you....I really needed to hear some kind words this morning. I havent slept. I put the tree up for the kids last night and my daughter wanted to decorate it before she went to hospital!! Ive had her on the phone asking if I have decorated it yet...I promised her its her job for when she comes home
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (11-14-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,052 Times in 676 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Aww Kelly, really hope she is ok, bet she cant wait to get home to decorate the tree!!

Hope your brother is ok too, glad he was found safe xxx

Take care xx
The Following User Says Thank You to ClaireLovesChristmas For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-13-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oh Kelly! I am so sorry for all this. My mother had asthma, I had it, my son has it and now my grandson. It terrifies me when they have an attack. My son is 20 and I still get worried. I pray your little one will be ok. I know what you mean about being hyper. My son complains he gets shaky from the nebulizer treatments.

I am glad your brother is ok!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-14-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,049 Times in 257 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
Ok let me start by saying in this thread I'm not zany lilnoelelf. I'm Jessica momma of 7, and I just sent a prayer up to the heavens for your whole family! I too understand my friend. let me tell ya a little known Jessica fact. Our next to the oldest daughter Kayla (she's13) has whats called neutropenia. To sum it up once a month her immune system goes down to nothing. She takes shots 3 days a week now to try to keep it built up, but it doesn't always work and she "bottoms out" a simple cold for us is normaly pneumonia for her and a hospital stay of two weeks or more. it's very tuff!!! but she takes it all in stride and tells everyone that no matter what she is blessed. she takes nebulizer treatments and she gets sleepy when she takes them!

The bottom line I understand what your going though, and if you need a friend I'm here for you dear!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thank you all...you dont know how much it means to me.

Thankfully, she is now home and is on 8 tablets a day for 2 days, plus inhaler every 4 hours for 2 weeks!
Im grateful and thankful she is home. She decorated the tree as soon as she got in....I did have to re-do some of it though....lol
Jessica, sorry to hear your daughter suffers with that, I dont know what id do with myself, this is bad enough what I deal with.
Thanks for the support guys
Old 11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Praying for you all Kelly. I'm really glad your daughter is home and got to decorate the tree.
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-14-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 04:07 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
sorry to hear that Kelly....I am sure she is alright and it was only a one off. I know how u feeling....Kandice is asthmatic, too and it surely is horrible to see the little ones suffer.

U and her will get through it and even if it comes back....I know U will be strong enough to fight it....all of You.

keep us updated!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-14-2010)