Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Christmas Day - small and intimate gathering or large get together?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,242
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 11-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Christmas Day - small and intimate gathering or large get together?

christmas day, is it just your nearest and dearest or a big bunch of friends? is the christmas dinner table laid for 2 or 22? does it vary every year?

Despite my username, I am female!

Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 707 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
It's pretty large, I would say about 15-ish peeps or more. Only close family usually and it gets loud. We like to sit around and eat, play games and just enjoy our time together, we have fun and there is plenty of laughter. When/if it gets to be too much, I hide in my room for a bit. But, I love my family and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Its going to be 14 of us this year....and guess whos cooking?!! LOL 'cue the Twilight zone music'.....ME!....I cant say im looking forward to cooking for so many people. Ive never attempted to cook for that amount before....so I hope they fetch some snacks with them as they'll probably end up with one potato and a slice of meat each hahahaha!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,767 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
3 - me, him and him........and them (2 tails, 8 legs, you get the picture!)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Since we stay home and celebrate Christmas with my husband and step children, the gathering isn't too large. This year, I figure six of us, maybe one or two more, if my sil and her son also come.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-16-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Merry Forums Newbie
Last Achievements

RyanTheElf has shown a merry disposition
We used to have a large christmas breakfast with our whole family on the morning of christmas. I'm 22 now but I remember going there and showing our family and kids what we all got for christmas. The tradition has stopped due to family moving and age catching up on the grandparents. To be honest, I love a nice intimate christmas with just my familly, waking up and spending that time together is wonderful
The Following User Says Thank You to RyanTheElf For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-16-2010)
Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,180 Times in 15,261 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Eve is a large gathering, while Christmas Day is a smaller gathering
Old 11-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We used to have big family Christmas Dinner - anywhere from 10 - 15 people. Family members have settled down and started their own families so now we have scaled things back to us (5) and maybe a couple other people. Last year was the first time where we didn't have anyone over for Christmas Dinner and it was nice. Spent less time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up and was able to spend more time with the family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-16-2010)
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,112 Times in 415 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
pretty small for us,10 in total,theres me,my missus,mum,my 2 boys,my 2 brothers,sister in law and my niece and nephew but it still gets pretty mad at times.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:26 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,944 Times in 3,825 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
around 9 people on christmas day....my parents, my boyfriend, my brother and wife and two kids, plus kandice and I of course......not so many, also not just 2.....always have lots of fun, good food and lots of fun...oh...i guess i mentioned it before

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-16-2010)