Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » The start of new traditions this year!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,105 Views  0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
51,946 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Norman Rockwell,...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2011 11:15 AM
71,244 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2008
By MMC Editor
06-11-2008 11:14 PM
39,982 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,887 Views  5 Posts

Old 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
The start of new traditions this year!

everything is so different this year, and i love it!

last year my daughter was only 3 months old at christmas and if i'm being honest i weren't very well, i definitely weren't myself. christmas was lovely but it was a bit of a blur?

this year, she'll be 15 months, we are both happy and healthy and life is pretty fabulous so i guess it's time to start our own special family traditions.

firstly, christmas dinner is just the 3 of us. my daughter, her daddy and i. we are having it early (12.30pm) in a beautiful country pub in a nearby village. i am so happy, i'm really excited to be spending that time with the 2 people i love more than anything in the world. normally it's a chaotic, crazy affair with lots of people, noise and bickering family members so this new little tradition i'm starting is a big deal to me.

the crazy affair with lots of people, noise and bickering family members will come christmas afternoon (say 4pm-ish) when we go and visit our wondeful famililes for some mulled wine and mince pies. i'm so looking forward to this part too, but to start the best day of the year with my very own family, just the 3 of us for the first time ever is going to be so special.

raise your glass of mulled wine/bucks fizz/egg nog and toast with me...

LET'S MAKE CHRISTMAS 2010 THE BEST YET...

CHEERS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (11-18-2010), Christmas-A-Holic (11-18-2010), ClaireLovesChristmas (11-19-2010), Head Elf (11-20-2010), kelly ann (11-19-2010), made582 (11-19-2010), snowytree (11-18-2010), Solice (11-19-2010), trackrebel (11-19-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sounds wonderful, hope you all have a great Christmas day!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmas Troll has shown a merry dispositionChristmas Troll has shown a merry dispositionChristmas Troll has shown a merry disposition
Ahhhhhh, Christmas in England... dinner in a little country pub. Maybe shepherd's pie with a pint of Newcastle, followed by a mince pie... at least that's the way I'm imagining it. lol

Hope you have a nice time. Sounds delightful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas Troll For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (11-20-2010), JOHNOR (11-18-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That sounds fab, the best of both worlds!
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-18-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
that sounds so wonderful enjoy!!

Merry Christmas! Liz
The Following User Says Thank You to lmm8606 For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-18-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Consider The Ravens View Post
Ahhhhhh, Christmas in England... dinner in a little country pub. Maybe shepherd's pie with a pint of Newcastle, followed by a mince pie... at least that's the way I'm imagining it. lol

Hope you have a nice time. Sounds delightful.
actually, i was in the same country pub last week and had the shepherd's pie. it was delicious!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Christmas Troll (11-18-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

tracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry dispositiontracyann has shown a merry disposition
Sounds like a nice tradition.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,959 Times in 3,673 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
heres to your greatest christmas so far!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Have a great Christmas!
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

HollyJollyDude has shown a merry disposition
That sounds like a great plan!!!! Hopefully it will be a white Christmas.....

The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJollyDude For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-19-2010)