Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Doing Anything Christmasy This Weekend?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
Christmas Crackers
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:31 PM
56,608 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,658 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,980 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Ervserver

Doing Anything Christmasy This Weekend?

Listening to Christmas music, wrapping 2 gifts, and some shopping.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:16 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I'm trying to get some lights hung outside, but it's a bit too windy for me to go up on the roof right now.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Ervserver

When I was married and was to windy to go up on the roof I'd have the wife do it.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

megarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry dispositionmegarrick has shown a merry disposition
I'm helping my mom make pralines right now if that is considered christmasy.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i am doing tons of "pre" work. sorting thru things and making lists of what i need to get to finish some projects (for instance, i just discovered that the movers broke a wreath of glass ornaments i made about 10 yrs ago. so i have to go buy some more to replace the broken ones.) cussword. it is my favorite wreath and i had it wrapped in so much bubble wrap and blankets, all i can think is that they took it our of the trunk it was in and stomped on it@!!!! btw... took a wire wreath frame (the ones with about 5 levels of wire, usually green) bought a bunch of 2" gold ornaments at target. superglued all their caps on then tied them to the frame with thin silver wired ribbon. simple elegant. broken. cussword.
also making a list of the things i need to get for the wreath i am going to do for sister's door. have decided on white, gold and silver theme for all decor for her.
and oddly enuf, not listening to xmas tunes. discovered new songwriter last night and hit itunes. been listening to BRETT DENNEN cd SO MUCH MORE. fabulous!!!!!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 11-11-2006, 02:50 PM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Well I got some of the lights up. A kamikaze squirrel nearly scared me half to death and I was wrong about it not being cold enough for ice on the roof, so I decided to call it a day after I got the first level front strung. Now I'm going to do some decorating inside and go see Santa Claus 3 later if plans hold up.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Ervserver

Sure sure talk behind the squirrel's back
Old 11-11-2006, 04:05 PM

Freakin' thing was crazy. It jumped off the tree towards my house and came within like four feet of me. That may not sound very close but to someone who is afraid of heights as it is and trying to untangle Christmas lights on top of a roof, it was pretty startling.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Ervserver

hmmm wonder what squirrel tastes like with gravy
Old 11-11-2006, 04:15 PM

I was told by an older southern gentleman that the proper way to prepare squirrel was to cube the meat and put it over rice.