Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » How Many Christmas Trees?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,865
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Webmommies View Post
I decided this year to put up two trees. I like to have a nice, well put together Christmas tree each year but have I feel it makes my kids feel bad about where they put their ornaments. So this year we have a kids tree in our TV room. Anyone else do this?
I was the same way when my kids were younger. I love a themed tree and every year I change it up. But, my kids wanted to hang lots of things and have a "regular" tree. So for a few years, I set up another tree in their playroom and they could decorate their little hearts out on that one!
Now they are adults, I still have my themed tree and they like seeing what it's going to be each year and then I have one more smaller tree in the kitchen with some ornaments that the kids made in grade school.
Love it all@

Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
I used to put up multiple trees, but this year I was forced to take in my in laws as they had no where else to go. We do not get alone. They are now staying in the room where I used to display my trees. So I have no idea how I am gonna do things this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
we have a 8ft tree in our living room,my sons little fibre optic tree will be coming downstairs in the hallway,he will get a new one for his bedroom and im looking to get a 4ft tree for the front porch also,so that 4 in total and i also brought 2 outdoor trees(christmas tree type) that will have solar powered leds lights wrapped around them.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:03 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
One real one in our living room and this year we will put a fake one in our bedroom... we do a small blue aluminum one with blue lights in the boys' room, too! And a few tiny (as in smaller than a foot!) here and there!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

loksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnogloksi will NOT spit in your eggnog
Just one slim tree cause there's no room for more. Wife likes it to look classy (I sort of prefer her choices myself) but the kids want to go ecclectic. They each have an individual mini tree (about 1 ft. to 18" tall) they decorate with all their individualism, so I guess technically we do have more than one.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,672 Times in 28,981 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I put up a 7ft tree in the living room and a 2ft tree in the kitchen. I am seriously considering getting a 6ft tree for the kitchen this year.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by rodmonster View Post
One 8 and 1/2 footer in Living Room, Two 3 footers in the Den, One 5 footer (aluminum ) with color wheel in the dinning room, One 2 footer in my oldest daughters room, and One 2 footer in our bedroom.....

Dude, you are so my hero! I have 8 (or nine) trees, but I have one tree, no make that two trees, oh wait three trees up all year round. I would like to put all of them up one year, but I would have to move out my furniture to make them all fit.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 100,218 Times in 17,503 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Tree

We have @ 6 trees now. When we first moved here @ 10 years ago, we couldn't afford much, and were in a very tiny apartment. We went to Michael's & bought a cute little 4 ft. tree. Even though we've upgraded, I still love our first tree as a couple. Now, that little 4-foot tree is in our bedroom. I finally got my dream tree, which is the 7 ft. tree in our living room. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a Christmas tree to fall asleep and wake up to. Now I finally have it! We also have a 3 ft. pencil tree in our entryway that we leave up all year (It goes with our cabin decor), a 3 ft. tree near our landing, and another 2 ft. tree in our guest bedroom. We also have one of those retro ceramic trees with the multi-colored bulbs. I usually put this on a little end table, it reminds me of one my Grandma used to have. I still don't think I'm done w/ trees just yet... But, I guess I'll wait until we buy a bigger house
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
Usually just one tree for our small apartment... If I had things my way there would be a tree in every room!
I guess I can settle for small decorative ones.

_missing you everyday CM <3
Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
12 16x16

i put up 2 tree,s sometimes 3
my 7ft goes in the living room and its done up in white and blue
my 6 ft goes in the sunroom and its copper and red
i ususally put one in the front bedroom window and it bes a mixed of special oraments