Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Ray Conniff - Kind of a Music/DVD Search

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Originally Posted by Superfreak3 View Post
I've downloaded a utility that is supposed to remove any regional coding. I cannot play the DVD through my older laptop because it lacks some codecs I guess.

I am able to load the DVD into the utility and view it so that may be promising. I've got to get this thing burned to another DVD. It just looks CLASSIC! It definitely brings a smile to the viewer's face.
It's not that easy.
The DVD is just the physical "keeper" of the video.
It's the PAL video on the DVD that is keeping you from seeing it.
If you took that PAL video off the dvd you got from belgium and burned it onto another DVD... you'd still have a DVD with a PAL video.
Converting a PAL video file to a NTSC video file for burning onto a DVD is not as easy as it sounds.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
Yeah, I've come to that realization.

There are widgets out there to rip, and convert, but the trial versions all have watermarks and I don't feel like paying 20-40 for a utility I won't use that much.

I wonder if I can get a cheap all region DVD player, although I don't know that they handle both PAL and NTSC formats.

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to wait for another copy.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
We're good bro... the only thing is that it looks like someone did a conversion when the made the dvd I have, which means the menu doesn't really function... it comes up as part of the video and then plays until the actual special starts.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Last Achievements

Superfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elfSuperfreak3 is a good elf
OK, cool. The guy from Belgium is supposedly sending me another copy. The first copy got to me in a matter of days so I'll see what happens with that since I sank $12 into it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Last Achievements

To steer this a little off track...

Let's switch to Mitch Miller. Is there any Sing Along with Mitch TV Christmas special that ever aired. If so, any copies out there? The only thing I've come across is this http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Sing-A...1835471&sr=1-2

Or http://www.shippinganywhere.net/serv...h-Mitch/Detail !!! From the preview that plays on that page it looks as though someone just recorded a TV playing the VHS version.

UPDATE: Due to my concerns, I was able to get a discounted copy of the Mitch Miller Christmas show form the second link. It was well worth the money. Not the greates quality video, but audio is clear - Great.

I'm still waiting on the non-PAL copy of the Ray Conniff special from Belgium. I hope it gets here before Christmas!!

Last edited by Superfreak3; 12-08-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Last Achievements

I have received a functioning copy of the Ray Conniff Christmas Show! It is, well, in a word, AWESOME! -- as is the Mitch Miller Christmas special.

I am one happy camper!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak3 For This Useful Post:
whitney37354 (04-14-2011)
Old 12-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Last Achievements

Hmmm, I wonder if Bert Kaempfert ever had a TV Christmas special. I can't find anything on a quick surf.

Does anyone have any others that would fall into the Miller, Conniff category of holiday specials?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:34 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,823 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I barely remember this one from when I was a kid, but how about the King Family specials? (you can get some idea here)
Old 12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Last Achievements

Oh, that would be a nice addition too! Thanks for that info!!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Superfreak3 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if Bert Kaempfert ever had a TV Christmas special. I can't find anything on a quick surf.

Does anyone have any others that would fall into the Miller, Conniff category of holiday specials?
Well I don't know about that, but I did find a rapidshare link for you.

http://rapidog.com/bert-kaempfert-ch...apidshare.html

Happy New Year - Happy Listening!