Years ago, back when we first started, all My Merry Christmas.com had was articles. There were no forums or other features. I suppose most of the Internet was that way back in the day.
We've recently merged our classic article features into our forums and it gives us some really nice options.
A good example is this article written by Meceka
and posted this week.
The article is a good read, it is historically accurate, well-researched and it contains solid information for which MMC is known.
But there are a couple of things you can now do with such a feature that we couldn't before:
1. You can rate the article -- that's in the "rate article" menu in the upper right hand corner of the article
2. You can format the article for printing. Just go to "article options" and select "show printable version".
3. You can mark an article as a "favorite" and then have that list of favorites available to you in just a click.
4. You can send an article to a friend. No worries about spam, the site script does not keep or use any email addresses you use for this feature it goes from your email to your friends' email.
5. You can subscribe to an article, meaning that you'll be updated whenever someone posts an update or a reply to the article.
6. You can post a reply or response to the article -- just as if you were using the forum area. This is an excellent means of sharing resources and expertise -- or for giving the author some feedback.
7. You can, of course, search the library. Or you can view the top 25 visited articles, the top 25 rated articles or the top 25 most commented articles.
8. If you're a Platinum Member, you can submit an article to My Merry Christmas. This is an exciting addition never available before.
We hope you spend some time exploring the Christmas Library and the fine contributions to the site, like this newest feature from Meceka.