Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » What do you do on the 26th?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Santa Claus 3 (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:52 PM
53,062 Views  0 Posts
Boxing Day
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
51,610 Views  0 Posts
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,357 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,102 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-22-2010, 01:32 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,005 Times in 3,682 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
still celebrating Christmas as it is our 2nd Christmas Day...this year my family gathers at my place on this day....mom, my dad, my bro, his wife and two kids, plus Kandice, Jones and I

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-07-2011), Father Christmas (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Father Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm very pleased to hear many of you are staying in and continuing the Christmas day feeling.

Movies, board games and food sounds good to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Father Christmas For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-07-2011)
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
Normally I do not like shopping, but we pretty much shop until we drop Boxing Day. It's the only day I actually enjoy going into the crowds and hunting for what I want. My husband is a bargainer that day, in that he will attempt to talk prices down if they can be talked down...LOL. We are hoping to get a surround sound system and he's looking forward to talking down the price that is (hopefully) already on sale!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DayTek For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-07-2011), Father Christmas (12-24-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,623 Times in 339 Posts
'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Turkey sandwiches, more wine, more celebrating! I always feel a little down on boxing day that the big two (Christmas Eve & Day) are over but I always enjoy the day, more relaxed but still fun.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
present

I will be enjoying my presents and eating leftover Christmas food.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanity Clause For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

winterberry has shown a merry disposition
Boxing day is a no no for shopping for me, ive had enough of seeing the shops and crowds by then. We are invited to my sisters for a family meal, so i'm looking forward to not touching my cooker that day
Have fun what ever your doing all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winterberry For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

SW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSW1Dennis would be nice to meet under the mistletoe

I like to bask in the glow of the Christmas season still. And I will walk to a few stores near by and see if there is any good Christmas items I may find on sale. Its rare, but it happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SW1Dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
MY husbsand and i usually go to a few stores stocking up on wrapping paper, etc, but I'm not sure if we're doing that this year, as we have quite a lot of wrapping paper. I do know, we will eat lefotvers, and watch movies, enjoying our time together.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

canadalights has shown a merry disposition
I go christmas light shopping for next year! I found 75% off of lights today so I snatched up 20 boxes. I go light shopping every year as it helps me get excited for my christmas display for next year. Then again, I am a light nut...I bought some on the 22nd and put them up... even though Christmas was only 3 days away lol. Still, I find that helps. Other than that, I try to take a week long vacation right after Christmas with my family. I just hate seeing everything being taken down and the Christmas spirit disappearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to canadalights For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thanked 1,399 Times in 534 Posts
superdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elf
I take the week between Christmas and New Years off. On the 26th I savor what has happened the days leading up to it. I relax and chill and very rarely even leave the house. To me Christmas is about being home or with family spending time with one another and wish the real Christmas holiday time in America was the 24th to the 26th. But I know big business will never allow this.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdave1225 For This Useful Post: