Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Real or Fake?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

ChristmasRyan has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRyan has shown a merry disposition
Real or Fake?

i'm thinking about getting a new tree this year, i've had real and fake trees, so i would like some opinions.

which ones are better?

Real Trees or Fake Trees?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Ervserver

I like and use fake, easier, cleaner, no disposal issues, and I don't like killing a tree to decorate it.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

ChristmasRyan has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRyan has shown a merry disposition
the last real tree i had was a huge mess to clean up. i think i'll go with fake this year.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I like artificial trees for all the reasons Erv stated.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
fake
Old 11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Mistletoeologist

Christy Carol has shown a merry dispositionChristy Carol has shown a merry disposition
uh oh, I am going against the majority here and saying real. Never had a fake and dont plan on having one anytime soon.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:40 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
To each their own. I think the most important part of tree selection is tradition, and I think live trees is a pretty cool tradition. I've had artificial trees my whole life, so they're fine for me. I've helped friends with their live trees a few times, and I'm happy to stick with plastic.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

grinch is a new face around here!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we will have a real one. Of course last year silver bells put up one of each, the artificial one being one of those old silver aluminum ones from back in the 60s that her grandmother had given her years ago. Not sure if we'll do both this year.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
both have benefits. it's a family tradition to get a big real tree...it's picking out a fresh tree and being able to talk to the farmers who grew them...it's really fun. we love the smell of a real christmas tree, it makes the house smell so wonderful, but the clean up is a huge hassle and you can keep a fake tree up for A LOT longer than a real tree....you don't have to worry about the fire hazard either. i think it just depends on the person...neither is really better, it just depends on how much work you're willing to do.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Ervserver

I see more and more of those aluminum ones around, maybe making a comeback?