Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Newest Christmas Features > Defend Christmas » Homeowner Told to Take Down Sign on Christmas Eve

Defend Christmas Presented by Defend Christmas, showcasing the ongoing War on Christmas (and the War on the War on Christmas).

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,594 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,904 Views  0 Posts
The 12 (Easy) Ways of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:52 PM
45,192 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
34,061 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,493 Times in 1,028 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Homeowner Told to Take Down Sign on Christmas Eve

A homeowner in Washington DC participated in a Christmas decorating contest sponsored by the homeowner’s association — and then was cited in a letter delivered Christmas Eve requiring him to remove a sign in his yard bearing the words “Happy Birthday, Jesus”. The letter declared such signs in violation of the association’s ordinance against signs. [...]

More from Defend Christmas...
Old 01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Thanked 1,399 Times in 534 Posts
superdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elfsuperdave1225 is a good elf
This kind of tactics needless to say angers me very much. In fact to me it hinges on discrimination. Part of Christmas decorating is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. I say Merry Christmas and I am ok if you just want to say Happy Holidays. But in doing so don't tell me I have to say only happy Holidays or say you will sue me if I don't. If I owned a company we would have a decorated tree with either an angel or a star on top. If someone else owned a company and had no tree but say a Menorah or Hanukiah in their office I would admire it and respect their choice. I am not a religious person you may say but I respect those who are and let them enjoy Christmas as I wish they would do for me. Christmas time is the one time of the year when all should be in respect of how others celebrate it and all enjoy how one another does so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superdave1225 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-04-2011), gabulldawg (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,449 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by superdave1225 View Post
This kind of tactics needless to say angers me very much. In fact to me it hinges on discrimination. Part of Christmas decorating is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. I say Merry Christmas and I am ok if you just want to say Happy Holidays. But in doing so don't tell me I have to say only happy Holidays or say you will sue me if I don't. If I owned a company we would have a decorated tree with either an angel or a star on top. If someone else owned a company and had no tree but say a Menorah or Hanukiah in their office I would admire it and respect their choice. I am not a religious person you may say but I respect those who are and let them enjoy Christmas as I wish they would do for me. Christmas time is the one time of the year when all should be in respect of how others celebrate it and all enjoy how one another does so.

Very well Said !!! Agree totally. I do tend to think of Christmas as a celebration of Jesus' birth. It seems it is okay to celebrate everything in this country EXCEPT things that CHRISTIANS celebrate. If this were me, I WOULD NOT take down my sign that says "Happy Birthday Jesus" In fact, I may even leave it up LONGER. I grew up in the 60s when rebellion was a way of life. If I have to rebel for Christ and for people to be able to celebrate the way they want so that some pinhead or group of pinheads doesn't bother them then so be it !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (01-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-04-2011), judesmama (01-12-2011), superdave1225 (01-06-2011)