Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,321 Times in 28,891 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Wait... You are one of the triplets???? I was thinking she had you then triplets.

Yep!!! I am actually the baby of the family by 2 minutes.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-18-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (05-18-2011), ChristmasHeart (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), happyelf (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)

Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Christmas Royalty

Thanked 2,778 Times in 675 Posts
vsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnogvsuclaribnl will NOT spit in your eggnog
Hi everyone!

It is very hard to type right now as Sangria is sitting in my lap taking a nap. Lucky she's cute or I'd be upset at being so uncomfortable! =p

I worked at Hallmark for the first time in over a week last night. I got to look through all the Christmas books and ooooomg I think I'm gonna spend a lot of $$$ this year!! Some of the ornaments and paper are so cute, not to mention the boxed cards! It will take a lot for me to not spend all my money when it all comes in!!

Had a crazy day at Kohl's today...I feel like I got nothing done because there was just so much other extra stuff to do. I feel like one of my managers (who is also one of my good friends now) is going to be mad at me because I didn't get stuff done for her, because my store manager told me to get OTHER stuff done. How are you supposed to make 5 different tasks from 5 different managers priority? Someone's going to lose in that battle, and today it was my friend that had to lose. She should be getting into work any minute now and I'm just waiting for her to call and ream me out. Guess that's just life, huh?

Going to visit my "niece" here in a few, I haven't seen her since her baptism a few months ago!! Then it's off to the future in-laws' house for birthday dinner for me and Travis' brother-in-law. Should be a great night! (Just wish it weren't raining!)

Have a great hump day, everyone! See you all at the Pines later!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vsuclaribnl For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), happyelf (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
watching old Fury episodes with Kandice....after having worked in the garden for two and half hours and then cooking some nice dinner, with turkeys filets, roasted potatoes and some nice beans....everyone liked it and feels stuffed now!!! me too....oh and I finally worked out today.....
YAY ME

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,321 Times in 28,891 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Paula Deen is in the christmas spirit. She uploaded some pictures to her facebook page this morning of her filming the christmas special for her show. It looks like it will be a fun one to watch. Her son Bobby and her brother Bubba are in elf costumes and her husband Michael is in a elvis outfit.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-18-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (05-18-2011), ChristmasHeart (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), Holiday (05-18-2011), judesmama (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), Undrtakr (05-20-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by vsuclaribnl View Post
Hi everyone!

It is very hard to type right now as Sangria is sitting in my lap taking a nap. Lucky she's cute or I'd be upset at being so uncomfortable! =p

I worked at Hallmark for the first time in over a week last night. I got to look through all the Christmas books and ooooomg I think I'm gonna spend a lot of $$$ this year!! Some of the ornaments and paper are so cute, not to mention the boxed cards! It will take a lot for me to not spend all my money when it all comes in!!

Had a crazy day at Kohl's today...I feel like I got nothing done because there was just so much other extra stuff to do. I feel like one of my managers (who is also one of my good friends now) is going to be mad at me because I didn't get stuff done for her, because my store manager told me to get OTHER stuff done. How are you supposed to make 5 different tasks from 5 different managers priority? Someone's going to lose in that battle, and today it was my friend that had to lose. She should be getting into work any minute now and I'm just waiting for her to call and ream me out. Guess that's just life, huh?

Going to visit my "niece" here in a few, I haven't seen her since her baptism a few months ago!! Then it's off to the future in-laws' house for birthday dinner for me and Travis' brother-in-law. Should be a great night! (Just wish it weren't raining!)

I am sure You friend-boss will understand...of course if she calls.

I guess Sangria is an animal....and not the alcohol...is it a cat or a dog?

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), vsuclaribnl (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,332 Times in 5,934 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
xmas365, I hope that headache is over real soon ... few things feel as miserable as a stubborn headache.

Seawaters, hurry back, or you'll have a backlog of prizes to distribute!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
rain here too, although once or twice it got really bright and warm, I think that was a thing called "sunshine" !
Sunshine ... now what does that look like again?? I don't think we've seen it in over a week, and the weather forecast doesn't call for a peep of it until Sunday, then it's back to clouds until the following Thursday. And a rainy Memorial Day weekend. And it's been so chilly I've been wearing long sleeves and running a heater. Well, at least the weather is supposed to warm up a bit, even under all those clouds. But somebody owes me a bunch of warm, sunny May days.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,651 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon! I had to read twice too when I saw vsuclaribnl having trouble typing b/c of sangria! LOVE IT!!!

I am going to check out Paula Dean on Facebook. How fun!!!!

See you all at the pines!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), made582 (05-18-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), vsuclaribnl (05-18-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Speaking of scents, Judesmama and I are burning pumpkin scented candles. Yummy!
Me too!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
It turns out that she just had 3 kids in there instead of one.
Oh dear. I don't know what I would have done! So does she just have the three of you? How many boys/girls?

I'm "one & done"!

It's so cool & dreary here. I just want to lie on the couch & cover up with a blanket. I took a nap yesterday afternoon after the walking field trip with DD. I was worn out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,492 Times in 9,281 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Just cleaned up the house after dropping the kids off at school and daycare, I have a bad headache and I really don't feel like working, but I need to help bringing home the bacon. Not much more going on on my end.

Have a good day!
I have a headache too, today Xmas and I know how you feel !! Nights is DEFINITELY not for me......But more money ......Gotta do it !! Hope you feel better xo

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
LOVE it!!! How apropo!
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Good morning, Christmas friends. It was so cold and rainy yesterday that I had to wear my coat every time I walked down to the school office. I had to suspend two students (yes, again) and three went to the principal's office before school was out. My son got in last night and what a great visit. I totally love his girlfriend! I am such a lucky mom. I have lots to say but we are heading out of town. I missed one of the prizes, but I will make up for it when we get back from Fresno. Take care everyone and live the Christmas spirit. I will try to get on the site at the hotel every chance I get. My son looked at Melissa last night when I was listing things I bought for them for their trip and said, "See why I love my parents so much." The subject just came up a few minutes ago about baby pics, so I had to get out Joshua's albums. That's a mother's job, right? Have a great rest of the week. I will post when I can.
You are such a great mom, great wife, great teacher, great Christmas friend........Is there ANYTHING you aren't great at !!!??? xoxoxo

Originally Posted by ChristmasHeart View Post
Good morning to all!

Last night was soooooo amazing to be here on MMC - to listen to MCR...and then when I signed off, I went downstairs to watch some TV with hubby and According to Jim was a Christmas episode! How fitting (and simply wonderful)!

Just getting ready for a very busy day. Work has been terribly busy these days - but I'm hiring an assistant so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Hey XMAS...I hope you are feeling better!!! I read your post from last night. I just love the picture of Santa in your signature line!

Well...gonna fly for now - but I wanted to wish everyone a very merry day!
A very merry day to you also...SO NICE to see you here again !!! xo

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good morning!

I have a headache and lots to do today - grrrrr. It rained last night, but the water went down in the basement - yay! Mouse hurt her paw and is walking with a limp - she keeps tugging on one of her claws, but I clipped them recently and don't see anything wrong. Will keep checking her when she lets me. She's doing the major avoidance thing right now

I clarified with my cousin about the radio - her husband bought her a receiver that gets all of the internet radio station groups plus other things (not sure what) via her WiFi - sorry for the confusion!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Awww....I hope your head feels better and also Mouse's paw......I HATE it when there is something wrong with one of my furkids xo

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
All the Christmas in July chatter yesterday made me reeeally want some Thanksgiving/Christmasy food! Hubby wanted BBQ chicken, so that's in the crockpot and i made a mire poix for my stuffing (mmm!!!) Mashed potatoes and broccoli casserole will be part of the feast, too!

WHO IS JEALOUS???
I am !!!! Bring on the turkey, stuffing, and all that wonderful food !!!!

Afternoon already! Had a 2 hour interview and testing this morning to get into a temp agency. That will give me an assortment of jobs around town, which I have done before and is quite interesting. Nice to get to meet lots of people. I told them I wanted to work right there in the office because they sounded like a fun bunch!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
Good luck to you Christmasstar !!!! I know you will get a great job !!!!! and Thank Goodness that it is "hump"day......Actually for me yesterday was hump day !!

My mom said my grandma cried when she told her that she was having 3 of us. My mom said that she viewed it as getting it all done with at once.
Awww....I didn't know you are part of triplets !!!! I bet you and your siblings are really close !!!

Okay Christmas in July fans I finally recieved messages back from HSN and QVC. HSN said they haven't released their july schedule yet. QVC's has me a bit confused. Here is their message

"Per your inquiry, Christmas in July is scheduled for July 24th and 25th."

They don't mention the 23rd which is when Valerie says she is scheduled. So maybe we are getting a 3 day event this year.
Thanks Made !!! What would we do without YOU to keep us informed !!!!!!!! Now I have dates I can circle, thanks again !! xo

I was having a conversation with my daughter on how I have been a member on other forums and quit because of controversy and bickering among members. I never got involved in the bickering but witnessed more than I wanted to.

I told her that this is the first forums that I have been on that is very active and very friendly.

She said, "it's because everyone is so jolly"!

She is right!
I know !!! These forums are the BEST !!! And so is everyone here !! I LOVE my Christmas Family xo

Originally Posted by vsuclaribnl View Post
Hi everyone!

I know what you mean.........You CAN'T be six places at once at work !! You did the right thing. I am really excited about the ornaments from Hallmark this year.....but then I am EVERY YEAR !!! I collect the Snowball and Tuxedo ornaments !!

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
watching old Fury episodes with Kandice....after having worked in the garden for two and half hours and then cooking some nice dinner, with turkeys filets, roasted potatoes and some nice beans....everyone liked it and feels stuffed now!!! me too....oh and I finally worked out today.....
YAY ME
Good for you Track !!! I really seriously need to start some sort of work out again......Your dinner sounds delicous !

Paula Deen is in the christmas spirit. She uploaded some pictures to her facebook page this morning of her filming the christmas special for her show. It looks like it will be a fun one to watch. Her son Bobby and her brother Bubba are in elf costumes and her husband Michael is in a elvis outfit.
I LOVE Paula !!! She makes my mouth water when I watch her and I really like her husband and sons !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (05-18-2011), ChristmasHeart (05-18-2011), Christmasstar (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), happyelf (05-19-2011), judesmama (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), made582 (05-18-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), trackrebel (05-18-2011), vsuclaribnl (05-18-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,492 Times in 9,281 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Good afternoon, Christmas family !! So far, so good with my Wishbone. He seems just fine now......You would never know he had experienced such a weird episode......I am keeping him on the Phenobarbital for now.......I wonder if it could have been a drug reaction to Clavamox (an antibiotic) ??? I hope so.....

Anyway, not a lot going on here.....I am very excited (except for the stupid headache I have) because my sister is coming down on Saturday and we are going to have a Sister day !!! Then In July there is the last installment of Harry Potter and the Hallmark Ornaments !!!(that is if the rapture doesnt happen like it is supposed to this Saturday..according to that one church !!)

Have a wonderful day Christmas Family !!!! xoxo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (05-18-2011), gabulldawg (05-18-2011), KerWa (05-19-2011), made582 (05-18-2011), Rob (05-19-2011), Seawaters (05-19-2011), xmas365 (05-19-2011)