Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,444
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Nobody Believes Me
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:30 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
08-30-2013 05:10 AM
55,866 Views  4 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,279 Views  0 Posts
Boxing Day
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
51,672 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,171 Views  1 Posts
Xtree1 The Fir Tree
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
77,494 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,219 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by shinybrite View Post
Yes I am seeing the same thing as well!! Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I have a question that maybe someone can hopefully answer. XMAS365 you might know this one, when do stores start doing their buying for the next Christmas Season? I make vintage style plaques that would fit well in a Christmas type shop or in a in place that sells unique things. I have sold them to a lady who has such a store and I just give her a call in November. I have been encouraged by friends to " get them out there" to other places. I was told that some places know what they will have in their stores by March. Any input on this would be so helpful.
A friend of mine that had been in business for years says they set thier budget and make buying decisions for the year in January. By that I mean major ones, room is allowed in budget for new items that come out later in the year, but most is decided already in January.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), Shiny Brite (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,219 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning MMC !

Have to be in class by 7am this morning. I usually enjoy my breakfast but I think it is just to early even for me!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), Shiny Brite (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry disposition
I sure will be listening!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrichmond636 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), RadioJonD (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Good morning, Christmas family !

I am just getting ready to try and work. My work has been VERY VERY slow this week and it is quite frightening to me. I get paid per line and this week I am behind by at least 700 lines !!

My other kitty who is older is sick too. He was fine and now all of a sudden he is having nausea every time he eats and other symptoms as well that I will not talk about here. I just can't lose another one so soon. Needless to say I am in an enheightened anxious state. Plus, yesterday afteroon I had taken an over the counter sinus medication that I IMMEDIATELY got a bad reaction to. I didn't think I was going to make but thank God and prednisone, I am here this morning. I am not as sad as I was but more worried than ever, which is okay. I know how to deal with that since I am the original worry wart kid.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmassy day. I kept the TV on all night on Music Choice - Sounds Of The Season - because today is the last day for it. I loved falling asleep with Christmas carols on !!

Take care everyone !

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), Shiny Brite (01-06-2011), xmas365 (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Good morning everyone! I stayed up until 1130pm. which is uber late for me and I still woke up 2 hours early at 4am..insomnia perhaps? anyhow we are one day closer to the next holiday season. I am so surprised how good I feel this year post holiday time. Usually in january i basically shut down and hibernate from friends and activites with them because I'm just too beat and plain sad that Christmas is over. This year I may have been really down last Sunday on the 2nd of jan. after the tree came down and life was back to 'normal'.

I contribute this year being different due to being part of this great great site and getting to know all you kind people,I'm so glad I decided to become a member here! Hope everyone has a great morning!
I normally do exactly the same - hibernate and become grumpy! but as you my tree was packed away by 2nd Jan and I feel remarkably perky and ready for Christmas 2011 already!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), Shiny Brite (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry disposition
I feel today has given me some closure, with christmas officially ending today, I can start to look forword rather than back! Although this holiday season has gone so fast!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrichmond636 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), Shiny Brite (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Mistletoeologist

Thanked 1,056 Times in 362 Posts
Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
santahat

G'morning Friends ,

Hope we all are doing well so far today . Well , I beleive today is Russian Orthodox Christmas Eve. I always feel a little brighter on this day and even a tad Christmassy. In years past, I use this day to take last minute pictures of the tree before it goes down (in the next day or so.) Also, I may even buy a little something for the Hubby as a " little Christmas" gift.

I am subbing today, elelementary school special ed, Iam usually with High school kids so this is a switch. It should be interesting to say the least.

Hope you all have a grat day. Il lbe back on here throughout the day to check in. I have some down periods andi ts nice to come here for the warm fuzzies.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011), xmas365 (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Mistletoeologist

Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
Christmas Ball 3

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good morning, Christmas family !

My other kitty who is older is sick too. He was fine and now all of a sudden he is having nausea every time he eats and other symptoms as well that I will not talk about here. I just can't lose another one so soon.

Prayers for your Kitty!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-06-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I wish I could, but being a Bengals fan, with only 2 winning seasons in 20 years, I find being a football fan has passed me by, especially when the Patriots are in. You could not find a Pats fan around my area 20 years ago, and now everybody is one.

I know exactly what you are saying about all the so-called Patriots fans all of a sudden. Most of these people probably never even heard of them 20 years ago.

But I do enjoy the playoffs, I just cheer for whoever is playing the Pats. I loved it when the had that perfect regular season and lost the Superbowl. Of course my Ravens are in it, so I do have them to cheer on.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-12-2011), made582 (01-06-2011), xmas365 (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Mistletoeologist

santahat

Originally Posted by mrichmond636 View Post
I feel today has given me some closure, with christmas officially ending today, I can start to look forword rather than back! Although this holiday season has gone so fast!

Thats exactly how I feel !!! Its coming , its coming, Christmas Is coming ~!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-06-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-06-2011)