Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,940
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,563 Times in 13,328 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning MMC !

We had snow last night and getting more today, not alot, but enough to make everything look beautiful.

I am off school today so have some running around to do and some work to get done in the house. Someone is finally coming to fix the tub today!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,004 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Good Friday Morning! It's COLD outside! Had to scrape Ice off the car this morning on the way to work.I know not a big deal for many of you folks but I live 18 miles north of the florida state line! so glad its friday should be an easy slow day at work today. Finally the first week after the holidays is over after today and it should only get better from here! have a great morning everyone!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My dogs know my bedtime routine and if I am a little late going to bed one of my dogs will keep running out of the room, look at me then run back to bed. He will keep doing this until I finally get to bed!

Haha! yes! my daushund since she has itty bitty legs and is like 8 ft long cant scratch the door or she would tip over! so to let me know she wants out to potty she will throw herself agaisnt it to let me know she wants out. the bulldog will simply stare and me then walk backwards a few steps then jump on the bed then jump down and walk over to my side of the bed and stare at me then walk backwards again...pets are so awesome!

Last edited by gabulldawg; 01-07-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: eta
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gabulldawg For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011), xmas365 (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,849 Times in 9,586 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-12-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,849 Times in 9,586 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

Today was a LONG day, LC and I left the house at 8:45am with a ton of errands, and didn't get home until 2:55pm. I had a Dr's appt, and my Dr. was very happy and proud of me, I have lost more weight since I last saw him in June. He was all smiles and my blood pressure is now normal, it fixed itself after I have lost more than 20lbs. LC was excellent for a 2 year old with everything we did he did not complain, cry, whine, etc... I treated him to lunch at a Burger King with an indoor playground, he was so happy running around playing with others. When we got home, JP and my wife got home shortly after us, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (mmmmmm, steak) and grocery shopping, I am so proud of my boys they were so good.

Some days the rewards are so great and they beat the tough days of being a parent every time.
Congratulations on being healthier!!! It makes a difference to just change the way you eat.
Originally Posted by shinybrite View Post
well Im getting ready to call it a night. Had a real neat thing happen today..... I subbed at a school that I never been to before. I was leaving and on my way out ,when out of the corner of my eye, I spied a glorious glittery shiny and brite bell in a window ( it was a paper die cut decoration) That read"Merry Christmas". I threw myself in reverse and went back to take a look.

I recognized it , as one who scours ebay year round for decs, I had seen something similar before.So My curiosity peeked, I went in to the room, and what I walked into was out of this world ( from the vantage point of a vintage Christmas dec lover) It was eye candy to the max! Strung to the ceiling was a wonderland of vintage Christmas decorations made by the Beistle company. It was Delicious ,Delicious ,display of color and vintage "yumminess "

So I struck up a conversation with the teacher, who incidentally was the Art teacher. He told me that his house is full of such things and tomorrow he is going to show me pictures .I cannot wait!! He also told me that he keeps all his stuff up until the end of the month. HAVING never met him before I began to suspect that he is "one of us " I m taking my camera in tomorrow and I m going to take pictures of his classroom If I get the right "vibe "I may even tell him about us . lol

Good Nite everyone !
Sounds like we might have another member joining? I love vintage decorations as well and bought a few off ebay in the past. 20 years ago my grandmother had offered me some decorations she had that were vintage and I declined taking them! I am kicking myself now!

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
good morning everyone. gon have a busy day today of doing laundry, baking a cake and moppin the floors....decorations are down since yesterday and here in germany we are gearing up for carnival
I need to get a lot done myself!
Originally Posted by kerstig View Post
Hi every one I just wanted to say I hope every one is great! I am not doing too well myself, but hey, I'll be fine. Have a great day every one!!
I hope you feel better soon! Not sure if you already posted but did you get results on your exam?
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Haha! yes! my daushund since she has itty bitty legs and is like 8 ft long cant scratch the door at night to let me know she wants out to potty she will throw herself agaisnt it to let me know she wants out. the bulldog will simply stare and me then walk backwards a few steps then jump on the bed then jump down and walk over to my side of the bed and stare at me then walk backwards again...pets are so awesome!
That is so funny! When one of my dogs need to go potty he hops up and down saying "woof" then runs for the back door. If I don't get up fast enough he repeats this process.

If he is hungry he scratches the bowl and will not stop until I get some food in there. Then after I fill it, he looks at me like he is waiting for permission to eat it. I have to tell him it's ok before he will finally eat it. He will even look for me for permission if someone else fills the bowl. I never taught him to do this, he does it on his own. I think he just likes the baby talk I do to him when I say it's ok.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011), Shiny Brite (01-07-2011), xmas365 (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post

If he is hungry he scratches the bowl and will not stop until I get some food in there. Then after I fill it, he looks at me like he is waiting for permission to eat it. I have to tell him it's ok before he will finally eat it. He will even look for me for permission if someone else fills the bowl. I never taught him to do this, he does it on his own. I think he just likes the baby talk I do to him when I say it's ok.
I had a dog before that has done that too..also my bulldog knows when he goes out to potty he get a "bone" which is actually a beggin strip,but I call it a bone...he will then try to fool me he thinks by acting like he needs to go out like 20 times in an hour...i finally just give in and let him go out because i'm afraid the one time I dont let him he will have an accident..and when he comes in I will give him a "bone" i cant resist because he will stare at me if I dont until I do anyway.

Last edited by gabulldawg; 01-07-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: eta
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gabulldawg For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011), Shiny Brite (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Mistletoeologist

Thanked 1,056 Times in 362 Posts
Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
19 16x16

Good Morning and Happy Friday Everyone!! 351 days!! Wow !! Its flying!
It snowed a considerable amount last night (4 inches.) It looks beautiful !!!! I took my dog out this am and she rolled around in the snow on her back , she loves it!

Hope all of you have a great day !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-07-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Hi All

Thank goodness its Friday! I was listening to the news this morning and apparently this weekend is known to be the most depressing of the year! I am actually looking forward to it - it will be a nice rest after all the Christmas excitment.
I currently have my head in my study books whilst listening to mmc radio.

Have a great weekend!
Naomi
oh an we have more snow in the UK as well
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (01-07-2011), gabulldawg (01-07-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011), Shiny Brite (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry dispositionmrichmond636 has shown a merry disposition
Morning all! In reply to a few posts back, for me I start to seriously thik about chrismtmas in September. Its often when adverts on the TV start to hint and you start to hear excerpts of winter music. Also christmas candy starts to sneak into the shops. And as soon as Halloween is over (which is also my birthday) Christmas really starts to hit the shops and the TV so by the 14th of November christmas is set up!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrichmond636 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), gabulldawg (01-07-2011), Seawaters (01-07-2011), Shiny Brite (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Don't know If I will be making it too Atlanta this weekend,there is talk of Ice storm..oh well maybe the next weekend I will make it up there to visit Old friends. now have to make other plans since I will be homeless this weekend getting my home repainted. guess I will check into the Holiday Inn.

In regards to when I start getting ready for Christmas... this past year was much different it was my first year really getting into it,and I started getting all pumped up for it in late september when the cool air arrived. Thats when I joined this site as well. and I was watching Christmas movies by mid october. usually october is reserved for my horror movie collection. I put my tree up on Nov.13th and from there on out it was christmas time for me.I think from here on out Nov.13th will be the day I put my decorations and tree.