Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,950)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Old Man Kramer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:46 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-24-2013 09:13 PM
1 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
63,013 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2001
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:56 PM
45,551 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,513 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:41 PM
48,536 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,447 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I would stay on "this side" of the grass but I think we just about killed it this year and it's not very green. My neighbor's grass is a lot greener!

All kidding aside, I am like Auntie with New Years resolutions. I don't like making them for the very same reason.

I did make some awesome changes for myself last year and will stick with it all through 2011. I eat extremely healthy all the time and have been for a long time. It's a habit and a good one. I didn't do this for weight loss but to improve my overall health and I am feeling better every day. It was a little difficult during the whole Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday but I stayed with it! Yay me!

I do hope to add in a good workout routine now that I am feeling better but don't want to make it a resolution just in case I fail.
Good for you Christmas A Holic !!! Yay You Indeed !!!!! It is SO tough to eat healthfully through the Holidays !!! I slipped a little but seem to be back in the groove. Mine was primarily for weight loss though and so far so good by the grace of God. Still keeping off the 40+ pounds I lost and I want to keep it that way if possible !!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-01-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Mistletoeologist

Thanked 1,056 Times in 362 Posts
Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
Bells

HAPPY New Year everyone.Hope everyone is /has enjoyed their day. I went out earlier to see what was marked down and left in the way of christmas decorations today. Not much left, but I did come home with a few Christmas goodies. My tree is still up and the lights will be ablazing outside until next weekend ! talk to you all later !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-01-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-01-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011), xmas365 (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,212 Times in 12,635 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Wow, this is great! The posts are adding up faster than ever before...I checked!

2007 they did not even start until July 28 and then there was only 3 posts on the first day

2008 fared better with 18 posts on the first day the thread opened

Last year we went all the way up to 38 posts on January first

This year we are already up to 82 posts!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-01-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011), Shiny Brite (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Mistletoeologist

Thanked 1,056 Times in 362 Posts
Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
Bells

Looks like we are a ambitious bunch this year !!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-01-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,489 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good for you Christmas A Holic !!! Yay You Indeed !!!!! It is SO tough to eat healthfully through the Holidays !!! I slipped a little but seem to be back in the groove. Mine was primarily for weight loss though and so far so good by the grace of God. Still keeping off the 40+ pounds I lost and I want to keep it that way if possible !!!
I don't see any problems eating certain things that are not considered very healthy in moderation. It works for most people and doesn't interfere with how they feel each day. Unfortunately, I suffer really bad even if I slip up a little. I have had a very rough year of fatigue and getting sick easily. Blood test all come back normal but I still felt awful all the time. So I figured I will take matters into my own hands and study nutrition, eat the best food possible and I started healing! I already ate decent before with a little junk here and there and paid dearly for it. Ugh! My system is way too sensitive! I have also been tested and have dairy and wheat/gluten allergies. I gave that up along with caffeine and sugar. It is really easy to eat very well while I am at home but going out to eat I have to be very careful but it can be done just about anywhere I go. Instead of being miserable 24/7, I am started to do well and have a lot more energy and better days.

Prior to this I went vegetarian to correct stomach issues I had FOREVER! I was on numerous medications and they didn't help much. After a couple of months of being vegetarian my stomach issues went away and got off all the medication. The fatigue never went away though. It will be 2 years this February that I have been a vegetarian.

I am very jealous of those who don't have to be that careful with food and feel good all the time. My mom is one of them. She is almost 70 and feels great all the time. She does eat a little junk food here and there. I wish I could! Lol!

My way of eating is not for everyone but it has saved me! =)

It's ok to slip up a little Louanne! You will do just fine.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-02-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 31,498 Times in 5,807 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Binger signing on for another year of YABBA!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-02-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), made582 (01-01-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We will need over 1600 posts per month to reach a goal of 20,000 for the year!

YABBA!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
caninemom3 (01-02-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011), xmas365 (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Took all my stuff down today- which is ok.. If we left them up all year, it wouldnt be special.

YABBA!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-02-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

and sixteen days till our first milestone,,,, YOO HOOOO

YABBA!

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
caninemom3 (01-02-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011), xmas365 (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,763 Times in 1,181 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I would stay on "this side" of the grass but I think we just about killed it this year and it's not very green. My neighbor's grass is a lot greener!

All kidding aside, I am like Auntie with New Years resolutions. I don't like making them for the very same reason.

I did make some awesome changes for myself last year and will stick with it all through 2011. I eat extremely healthy all the time and have been for a long time. It's a habit and a good one. I didn't do this for weight loss but to improve my overall health and I am feeling better every day. It was a little difficult during the whole Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday but I stayed with it! Yay me!

I do hope to add in a good workout routine now that I am feeling better but don't want to make it a resolution just in case I fail.
I am proud of you sweety, I am so glad you are doing this and feeling better. Although I am not eating as healthy as you are, I am following your example somewhat, I am gonna cut down on the junk this year, i haven't actually said this to you yet, but i will before you read this. I love you and want to live a long and healthy life with you.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snow-in-Texas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-02-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-02-2011), Christmasstar (02-12-2011), Seawaters (01-01-2011), xmas365 (01-01-2011)