Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,851
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
BIG congratulations!!! We knew you could do it!!!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by kerstig View Post
Hey You Guys: Great News from Holland

I just got 1 of the 2 exam results I was waiting for, and that one i passed I am having a very small party here on my own, I am so amazing, and glad and feeling more confident in myself! Now waiting for the other one, but if I have to retake one, that's not too bad, at least I have got 1 down

Hope you guys are glad for me as well! still keeping my fingers crossed for the other one!!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,003 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Will do..hope you find him soon!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We only have 17 or 18 to go to hit 1,000, so I am POSITIVE we will hit it today. You guys rock!!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Congrats, Kerstig!

Good morning, all. Hope everyone has a great day.

Here's hoping we hit 1,000 before I get back late this evening!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM

Last Achievements

Our cat is not an outdoor cat either. One time she was gone for three days. FINALLY, she came ambling home. We were so glad. Hope your son gets to feeling better AND that the teacher is understanding!

Cherylle in CA

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
Well somehow the window in our bathroom got broken, nobody knows how it happened, we don't use that bathroom that often. That's not the bad part, before anybody noticed the broken window, one of our cats got out through the broken window, and we haven't seen him since. He isn't an outdoor cat, and it was well below freezing las night, we drove around looking for him, but no luck. Now we are just hopeful that he finds his way back home. There are a lot of strays in our neighborhood too, quite a few hang out at our neighbor's house and our house, we don't think he got into a fight with any of them though. I keep looking out the window hoping to see him walking up to the house.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
If Boots got out she would freak (and I would too). She is an indoor cat only.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning, Christmas friends. Only 15 posts to go to hit 1,000 so early in the year! I woke up late this morning, so I have to hurry out the door. Yak it up and get WAY past 1,000.

Cherylle in CA
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Wow we have done a lot of posts here so far this year. Would be nice to have a steady chat all year round. It keeps me sane hehe.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Another Count within the Count

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Good morning, Christmas friends. Only 15 posts to go to hit 1,000 so early in the year! I woke up late this morning, so I have to hurry out the door. Yak it up and get WAY past 1,000.

Cherylle in CA
We are also shy:

45 to make 22,000 Threads (21,955)
90 to reach 305,500 Total MMC Posts (305,410)
2 souls to realize 7,200 Members: (7,198)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Mistletoeologist

Thanked 1,056 Times in 362 Posts
Shiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elfShiny Brite is a good elf
santahat

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My indoor cat is missing and I am really upset. I have 2 cats and they sit at this one window in the house and watch the stray kitties outside. They jump at the window constantly trying to get to them and I am assuming they broke the window and he escaped through it. The glass fell outside so I am sure they broke it from inside. We have had freezing temperatures all night with wind chills in the single digits. He is not use to this since he has been indoors for several years. We have a serious stray dog and cat problem around here so he is mixed in with them all right now. I just hope he is ok. I didn't sleep well last night hoping he will return. This is the very first time he has escaped.

My son is worried sick. He had an assignment for school that is due today and had trouble concentrating on getting it done.

Please say a prayer for his safe return. =(

Edit: I didn't realize Wayne already posted about this. I just woke up. Last night we didn't know how it got broke but as of this morning it makes sense to me that my cats broke it.
Praying for your Cat's safe return!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Brite For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,125 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

My younger brother is having surgery today to repair his sinuses, since he has so many sinus infections. The have to break his nose & re-set it, then drill out his sinuses and take out his tonsils. Ouch! He says he's ready to get it done so he can avoid all the infections, but, WOW, that sounds painful!

I worry about him whenever he has to have medical procedures done. He's on immunosupressive drugs to prevent rejection of the kidney I gave him a few years ago. It seems like every time he goes to the doctor, he comes back sicker than when he went. All we can do is pray this helps more than it hurts, I guess.

I lighter news, I think our town beautification group has enough money to buy some year-round pole banners. Everytime we take down the Christmas banners, Main St. looks so bare. I was thinking something like, "Welcome to Historic Bellville". Or maybe some Fall banners?

I hope you all have a great day!
I was suppose to have that surgery done many years ago and never did. I had so many surgeries in the past and just didn't want another one! I pray for a speedy recovery for him.

That is good news on the banners!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (01-11-2011), caninemom3 (01-11-2011), Seawaters (01-11-2011)