Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2011

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
"Little Merry Christmas"......
By MerryCarey
05-24-2012 01:16 PM
51,642 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Safety
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:51 PM
45,311 Views  0 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,724 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2003
By MMC Editor
06-11-2003 10:59 PM
40,346 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,112 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Maybe that's because this will be a special Christmas year! The count is up, Brad has a pool, Xmas has plans for his store, GBD and Jana are going to have babies, CM3 is now 8-Fingered CM3, and your cactus has a bud!!! WooHoo!
This is so hysterical !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Pizza for breakfast is awesome! Why not? The Ninja Turtles have it...right? LOL
I LOVE pizza for breakfast....unfortunately don't have it often enough !!!

Good morning, Christmas friends. It is overcast and cool here in northern California. Today is the last day of state testing!!! We are having a Mexican food celebration tomorrow! My son and his girlfriend will be visiting us next week on their way to Maryland. They are moving to a small town near Annapolis to help take care of her parents. I hate to see him leave California, but I am proud that he is not afraid to undertake an important task. I hope all of y'all have a great day! Spend your time wisely!
Good luck to your son and his gal....!!!!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Actually, my father-in-law's store sells pizza, and he has a breakfast pizza. It comes with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and whatever else you want. We love it!
It sounds SO YUMMY !!!!!!!!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-12-2011), KerWa (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), Undrtakr (05-12-2011), xmas365 (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,369 Times in 7,261 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I cut the lawn today and in between that....Kandice learned how to ride her bike....without those aids on the side of the backtire.....she was so proud, I can telll ya....and I was mighty proud too
Way to go, Kandice!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Missed you all ... I think I'm addicted to the Countdown! I bought the Tapatalk app on the road so I could at least read the posts.
We missed you, too, Merry - glad to see you back!

GBD, when you go to Bosnia, let me know your address. My students and I can send you some cards when we get back to school in August. . . If you really want some tears to come to your eyes, I suggest you listen to Walter Brennan sing Old Shep and watch Old Yeller. One time, we five kids witnessed our dog being killed on the road just as we waited on the school bus one morning. I honestly thought I would NEVER get over that!!! I still tear up and it's been over 50 years!!! I hope to be on later this evening! Talk to you later!
What a great thing your students do!

I can't listen to that song or watch that movie! When we first got programming OY was on the Disney channel and I knew what it was about so I avoided watching it - I checked the guide and it stated when the next feature would be on and I figured it would be safe to hang out with the family. When I came downstairs at that time and glanced at the tv screen - there was the puppy scene at the end of the movie and I started sobbing.

What a horrible thing you witnessed, Seawaters ((((Hugs))))

Originally Posted by vsuclaribnl View Post
I LOVE that picture! I would totally take that cat home.
Me, too!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
spring cleaning would not be so hard if I did not rearrange everything while doing it!
I do the same thing

I downloaded three new books to my Nook and I am raring to go!
What did you download?

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Unbeknownst to us, our neighbor, the meanie, was witnessing this whole thing from the other side of the fence. As we finished I turned around and there he was, standing there on a foot stool or something, his head clearly over the top of the fence, tears streaming down his face.

"I've never known such love," he told my father.

"Neither had we," my Dad said.

That experience taught me that value of grieving and of remembering and not only for the people important in our lives. Our pets are FAMILY, they are monumental in our day to day, even if they cannot talk or express themselves as we express ourselves to each other.

They do speak to us. And they give a level of love I wish more of us had the capacity to give.

God bless you and your family, Brad, and the memory, too, of Ben.

Jeff
Beautiful, Jeff - this brought tears to my eyes!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Goodness gracious. I can't seem to shake this sadness and weepiness, but I have to. As many times as he made me feel better when I was down, I'm sure he'd want me to be happy remembering him.

I'll try.

Thanks again, Jeff, for eloquently saying what those of us who've lost a loved pet feel.

I'll be back to normal soon, my friends. Please bear with me.
((((Hugs))))

And with this post, Meceka is poster #9,800. Drum roll, please, for the prize: A report on single mothers in California, footnotes included at no extra price!!!!!!! This report was typed WAY before computers!
Thank you, Seawaters, I can sell it in my antique store

I just read our town's newspaper. We are such a small town that the paper is only published three times a week.
Ours is only published once a week

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
.Now I have the right index finger with a piece missing and the left one which swells up twice its size by the time my shift is over.........Queen of Clutz.....Geez....
Ouch! I hope your fingers are better!!!!

Please promise us you will have a doctor look at those fingers ... please. Your health and your income may be at stake here. (And your fingers are your means of keeping in "touch" with us---we don't want it to be painful for you to use the keyboard, 'cause we'd miss hearing from you!)
Yes!

My Christmas cactus has a big white bud on it! I've had it about three years, and this is the first time it has bloomed in the springtime. Even my cactus celebrates year-round!

I thought I had a Christmas cactus but it turned out to be a crab cactus - I named him Edgar. He rarely flowers, but has taken over the entire counter in the bathroom.

Just have pizza for breakfast. We'd never tell!!!
Pizza for breakfast = yummy!

Originally Posted by irishsnow View Post
Good afternoon all
Good afternoon, irishsnow - I hope you are having a good day!

Originally Posted by MerryBells View Post
We also have a large black snake(s) that lives in our basement during the winter.
That is scary - I could never live in a house that had a snake in it!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
It scares me having a 5 lb chihuahua because we see hawks sometimes and they could easily grab her.
We live in an area that has a lot of hawks and although I have never seen one taken, I'm sure they have gotten a few of the cats over the years.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-12-2011), caninemom3 (05-12-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (05-12-2011), Christmasstar (05-12-2011), judesmama (05-12-2011), KerWa (05-13-2011), made582 (05-12-2011), MerryCarey (05-12-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), vsuclaribnl (05-13-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,369 Times in 7,261 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon!

It is a beautiful day out today. Early this morning there was a loud storm, but I slept through most of it. I have been so very tired the past few days. Not sure why, but I am ready to go to bed around seven - way too early! I have to make myself stay up until nine and then I'm about out as soon as my head hits the pillow. I could actually go to bed right now and sleep very well! I went from not getting much sleep to getting too much - hopefully my sleep patterns will regulate some more.

I thought I would be hitting 5000 posts about now, but apparently I did that a while back

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!!!!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
KerWa (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,650 Times in 4,418 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
sounds like fun! My brother has an above ground pool, they use salt instead of chemicals and it works really well. Not sure where they get the pool salt, but it is so nice, no stinging of the eyes and he says a lot cheaper.
We looked at the salt system, but the pool frame is metal and would corrode quicker with salt. It would also void the warranty. We did include something called a Frog system, that introduces minerals into the water, making it softer than straight chlorine. It's not bad.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,368 Times in 5,605 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
pictures, we need pictures....well at least I do since I enjoy looking at stuff! especially stuff grown by friends
Noted! I may wait until it opens up to take a picture, though. Here's what it looked like in December.

That cactus is the only house plant that has ever thrived for me---I'm growing very fond of it. I've got a "black thumb," but that plant stays happy and healthy no matter what. It's even been knocked onto the floor accidentally a couple times, but it just keeps growing.

Someone once said my grandfather had a green thumb all the way up to his elbow. I didn't inherit it.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-12-2011), gabulldawg (05-12-2011), KerWa (05-13-2011), made582 (05-12-2011), Meceka (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), xmas365 (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Good afternoon everyone! I am so far behind I don't know where to start! It is HOT about 94F right now,but it looks like cooler weather is on the way Saturday! i hope everyone is doing good have a great night!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,088 Times in 2,771 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
.....today we saw a HUGE hawk eating a squirrel on a low branch. It was sooo neat!!!.....
Probably not to the squirrel.
Bradmac (05-12-2011), caninemom3 (05-12-2011), Christmas-A-Holic (05-13-2011), gabulldawg (05-12-2011), judesmama (05-12-2011), KerWa (05-13-2011), made582 (05-12-2011), Meceka (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), xmas365 (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,590 Times in 26,605 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Afternoon Everyone!!!!!!! It is another hot and humid day here in central Indy and my allergies are not liking it. My head feels like it is going to exploded. I took some medicine and layed down but it is hard to get any rest when the Blue Angels keep buzzing your apartment building. They are practicing for the air show this weekend at the airport about 5 miles up the road and my apartment building happens to sit right where they come to turn around and head back to the airport for their next stunt. It is pretty cool to watch them perform. I can go stand in corn field and watch them do all of the higher altitude stuff but there are to many trees and buildings to see them do the low passes right over the field. I will try to get some pictures on Saturday. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (05-12-2011), KerWa (05-13-2011), Meceka (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Living out of the city has been sooo neat with the kids - yesterday, I got to show Jude a snake in the creek near our house (and one in our yard the other day!), fish, a caterpillar nest, etc... today we saw a HUGE hawk eating a squirrel on a low branch. It was sooo neat!!!

All we saw when we lived in Philly was pigeons!

I love living in a semi rural area. There is a nice patch of woods about 100 hunderd yards away from my building and we get all kinds of wildlife walking around. I could do without the skunks though.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-12-2011), gabulldawg (05-12-2011), Meceka (05-13-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), xmas365 (05-12-2011)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Last Achievements

Oooh - one IN your house!! That might be a little close for comfort fo rme...

I agree!!!!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (05-12-2011), gabulldawg (05-12-2011), judesmama (05-12-2011), Seawaters (05-12-2011), xmas365 (05-12-2011)