Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Don't Forget Candlemas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat Don't Forget Candlemas

Tomorrow Feb. 2 is Candlemas. It marks the end of the 40 day Christmas cycle and celebrates the day Mary and Joseph brought the child to the temple and gave him the name "Jesus" as the angel had directed them. So light a candle and celebrate Christ as the "Light of the Nations".
Bradmac (02-01-2011), Christmasstar (02-07-2011), MerryBells (02-07-2011), MsChristmas (02-01-2011), sugarplum fairy (02-01-2011), xmas365 (02-01-2011)

Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
What a great day! I have never really thought about that before. I will be celebrating it.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Thank you for the info
Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Christmasologist

Blue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elfBlue Christmas is a good elf
I love that - thanks!
Christmasstar (02-07-2011)
Old 02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
Tomorrow Feb. 2 is Candlemas. It marks the end of the 40 day Christmas cycle and celebrates the day Mary and Joseph brought the child to the temple and gave him the name "Jesus" as the angel had directed them. So light a candle and celebrate Christ as the "Light of the Nations".
wish I had seen this sooner, this is something I did not know.
That is another thing I like about this site, learning traditions and celebrations of others. Thanks