Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » hanging things in brick

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
hanging things in brick

Im about to decorate the exterior of my home and i have a few questions. Any suggestions of how to hang things from brick? How do i get a nail or screw in the brick? Also the garage doors...how do i hang lights around them, and make them look super straight and good? Same with my windows? Ive seen people with lights that look awesome cuz their lights are perfectly straight. Help me....how can i do it?

Old 11-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

ChristmasRyan has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRyan has shown a merry disposition
hm, idk how to hang lights in brick, but i think it'd look really cool. good luck.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:47 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
First off, make sure your drill is up for the task. If all you have in your drawer is a cheap cordless, I'd recommend at least getting an inexpensive corded drill. Then select a masonry bit (or two) in the diameter of your choice, and pick up the corresponding anchors and screws. Anyone worth a darn at the hardware store should be able to help you out.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Ervserver

If it were me I would not drill holes in brick, I'd try brick clips.

http://www.brickclip.com
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 AM

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I was going to say the same, but I didn't want to discourage him. If small hooks were put up permanently, though, it wouldn't be a real problem. Those clips look good in concept, but I wonder how well they work. Althought it really doesn't take much to hold a strand of lights. I think I'd give the clips a try first.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Ervserver

wonder how duct tape would work

Old 11-19-2006, 12:51 PM

Put the tape down, Erv. Just put the tape... down.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Ervserver