Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Christmas When Life...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:23 PM
44,714 Views  0 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,098 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,979 Views  0 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,962 Views  0 Posts
His Name is Bud
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:28 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
04-01-2014 06:46 AM
46,560 Views  1 Posts

Old 07-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmasallyeararound has shown a merry dispositionxmasallyeararound has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree Remember christmas

I was just thinking the other night that it's funny that no matter how old you get your never to old to not "really" sleep on christmas eve..What is your christmas memory that even though your grown that you can't wait to celebrate come christmas time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmasallyeararound For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-01-2011), mike24forever (08-13-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,618 Times in 579 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Christmas Eve was my favorite part growing up. We went to see both sets of grandparents on Christmas Eve night, then home to bed. I remember looking out the car window into the sky I thinking I saw Santa's sleigh crossing the sky. I enjoy that part of Christmas Eve now with my daughter by making cookies for Santa & throwing out reindeer food into our yard. Last year was great because it actually snowed overnight on Christmas Eve & we woke up to a snow covered ground on Christmas morning! There have been a couple of Christmases when it was bitterly cold or we had a few flurries, but nothing like last year. It wasn't so bad you couldn't get around to friends & family, but it was beautiful!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-01-2011), mike24forever (08-13-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,285 Times in 12,644 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
no one can sleep the night before the gifts! Exciting time for any age group!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmasallyeararound has shown a merry dispositionxmasallyeararound has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Tree

Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
Christmas Eve was my favorite part growing up. We went to see both sets of grandparents on Christmas Eve night, then home to bed. I remember looking out the car window into the sky I thinking I saw Santa's sleigh crossing the sky. I enjoy that part of Christmas Eve now with my daughter by making cookies for Santa & throwing out reindeer food into our yard. Last year was great because it actually snowed overnight on Christmas Eve & we woke up to a snow covered ground on Christmas morning! There have been a couple of Christmases when it was bitterly cold or we had a few flurries, but nothing like last year. It wasn't so bad you couldn't get around to friends & family, but it was beautiful!
I think it's really sweet of you to share things that you use to do when you were little with your daughter..I can't wait to be able to do that this year with my first daughter and then again next year with my new daughter...I always wish for a white christmas but it always snows either the day before christmas eve or the day after christmas but i got a feeling that it might do me a favor this year
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmasallyeararound For This Useful Post:
mike24forever (08-13-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,487 Times in 1,965 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
A very special Christmas

One very special Christmas comes to mind, When my wife and I decided the time was right to purchase and have a home built for us, and of course, back then, our kids were still little tykes. Well, we sold our townhouse in two weeks unexpectedly and we moved in with my wifes parents. At first they (the kids) were all very excited about the idea of first staying with Grandmom and Grandpop, having a new home built, making new friends, neighborhood, school, etc... but as the construction dragged on, and then it came to a grinding halt during a bad/ snowy winter, while Christmas was fast approaching, the kids started to become very upset that Santa would not know where they were living. Around the 23rd of December, my daughter (who was 4 years old at the time) was really quiet that evening, sitting on her little pony rocking horse, holding her "blankie", when she slowly got off, came over to me and crawled up on my lap and started to cry. She was certain, that Santa was not going to know where she was at and that he would not be able to find her to leave any presents. Then, I saw my 6 year old watching me and the look on his face was as though he lost his best friend.
Well, of course, by that time, I had both of them up on my lap, I hugged them both and told them that Daddy had sent a letter to Santa telling him where we were living and that I was positive that Santa would not forget them on Christmas day.

So, on Christmas eve, I told them both to put some reindeer food (bird seed) outside on the lawn and patio for Santa's reindeer eat because grandpop didn't have a big roof for Santa to land his sleigh there. And I told them both, that first thing they do when they wake up on Christmas morning, is to run to the window, look outside and if they see the tracks from Santa's sleigh in the snow and also see if the reindeer food was gone. Well, needless to say, Santa did not forget them, and at the crack of dawn, they both jumped out of bed, ran to the window and all you heard was yelling all through the house from the window to the Christmas tree.

Needless to say, Dad was pretty tired from laying a 2x4 in the snow and walking on it length ways in the middle of the night from one end of the yard and back, making sure in the process that I did not fall off while making sleigh tracks at 3 am.

To this day, they still talk about that night and that was 12 years ago.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
mike24forever (08-13-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014), whitney37354 (08-02-2011)