Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Do you do Christmas in the summer?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,930
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
View Poll Results: How do you do Christmas during the summer?
I'm nuts. We have the tree up, we sing carols, drink eggnog and hang stockings. 5 11.11%
My lights are still on! 1 2.22%
I'll watch a few movies, maybe listen to a little Christmas music. 39 86.67%
Nothing. I wait until it is a more appropriate time. 1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I watch movies, read christmas books and listen to music all year long

Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
I read Christmas books/magazines all year. On Fridays, nearly all year, when I'm at the office I listen to Christmas music.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following User Says Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
Meceka (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,049 Times in 257 Posts
lilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elflilnoelelf is a good elf
I listen to christmas music, read books and mags, watch and buy movies. and buy things to deco with from flea markets and such.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,184 Times in 15,020 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I listen to the music, watch Christmas themed shows and movies. I do have my lights still up on the roofline, they haven't been turned on since January 12. I need to get those down, but they will be going up in again in about 5 months.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I listen to the music, watch Christmas themed shows and movies. I do have my lights still up on the roofline, they haven't been turned on since January 12. I need to get those down, but they will be going up in again in about 5 months.
We had a REALLY snowy and icy winter in St. Louis this past year, so ours never seemed to make their way down either. We usually use epiphany as our guideline to take them down, but we just continually had snow on the roof. My DH and I keep talking about how they need to come down, but we just don't seem to make it happen. At what point do you just say, aw, shove it?

We'll have to make a decision soon - we're hosting a bbq around the 4th of July. I'm thinking we should have them down before then, but honestly none of my friends or family would be surprised if I not only had them up - but turned on too!!! LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-08-2011), made582 (06-08-2011), Meceka (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,184 Times in 15,020 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
We had a REALLY snowy and icy winter in St. Louis this past year, so ours never seemed to make their way down either. We usually use epiphany as our guideline to take them down, but we just continually had snow on the roof. My DH and I keep talking about how they need to come down, but we just don't seem to make it happen. At what point do you just say, aw, shove it?

We'll have to make a decision soon - we're hosting a bbq around the 4th of July. I'm thinking we should have them down before then, but honestly none of my friends or family would be surprised if I not only had them up - but turned on too!!! LOL
My neighbors have had their icicle lights up since we moved in 2.5 years ago. They still have their wreath up from last Christmas.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
My neighbors have had their icicle lights up since we moved in 2.5 years ago. They still have their wreath up from last Christmas.
I'm embarrassed to say that our live (or should I say dead ) wreath didn't come down until mid-April this year! I just really don't do cold or snow so I kept thinking about taking it down - but instead would just make the mandatory b-line for the car or front door. There weren't going to be any pit stops along the way LOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-08-2011), Meceka (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
I watch movies have Christmas songs on my MP3 player, think I might have special day in the year this year maybe late summer some time.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
Meceka (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,699 Times in 7,668 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I do a combination of the choices, from decorating a tree and singing carols, to watching movies. Finally took my tree down a few weeks ago because it needed to be dusted - can't wait to put it back up

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following User Says Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (06-09-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:47 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 161,146 Times in 30,622 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music all the time. I also love to watch Christmas in July and plan on having a mini Christmas meal this year. I would also definitely say I am more active here during the off season. Once thanksgiving gets here I am usually busy baking and going to different Christmas events.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (06-08-2011), MsChristmas (06-13-2011)