Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Christmas in a hot climate,whats it like?.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,925
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
really....seattle is that "warm" around winter? i always they have the same climate we do....usually around 31-28

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)

Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't know about every other year cause I have only been there 1, but last year it was really mild. It did get colder a few times even snowed, but for the most part it was upper 40's lower 50's.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I just thought I d answer the Germany question....We dont necessary have snow on Christmas...

I grew up in North Germany (Oldenburg in Lower Saxony) And we mostly have "British" Weather.
I think 3 Times Christmas with now and 5 Time with Snow on De. 23 and then no Snow on Dec 2. And mostly rainy in 20 Years..
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Really? In California? Hmmmm. Maybe in LA, I don't know. I am in Northern California. If you wear shorts here in December, you are going to be COLD! There are lot of stupid people here that think summer is in March or April or that its still summer in November. Meaning, people wear shorts here when it rains, with sandals and a hoodie sweater. It would be way too cold for me to do that, I guess if you don't mind be freezing wearing shorts - haha. The summer months here are June to the first week of October or so. Anytime before or after is cold and the rainy season varies from October to May months.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), happyelf (06-14-2011), jayden28 (06-15-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Yeah - I'd find it strange. I struggle in the heat with my pale colouring and red hair. I find it easier to warm up than cool down - so its never appealed to me although we have a lot of friends who do travel to more exotic locations during December.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), jayden28 (06-15-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I was born and raised in Northern Illinois and I loved the snow and ice and the cold. Then I went to California and 60 degree weather was not Christmas like, so I decorated my house anyway, then the neighbors started decorating. But going to the beach was boring. Then I moved to Northeastern Arizona and the weather is chilly (40's ish) maybe with some snow (not likely) but the chill in the air is there. Both have pluses and minus' but I prefer a cold snowy Christmas season.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
The Year my son was born we lived in Louisiana,and it was in the 70's & I HATED it!Then,a few years after that we had a white Christmas.I just moved back to Louisiana last month and Im hopin' it'll be cold on christmas day this year.It's not like Louisiana can't get cold but its just not cold enough for someone who was born and raised in Boston,Ma.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), jayden28 (06-15-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
Come to Canada! LOL You want a white, snowy, beautiful Christmas it's the place to be. Usually around Christmas time we experience a few feet of snow, so deep that my dog jumped in a snowbank and sunk to the bottom. Don't get me wrong it get's stupid cold like -30 Celsius which is like 20.2 degrees Fahrenheit... but is it ever beautiful to wake up to on Christmas morning, wouldn't trade it for the world

_missing you everyday CM <3
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MichelleluvsChristmas For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (07-21-2011), jayden28 (06-15-2011), Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (07-13-2011), vicki530 (07-28-2011), whitney37354 (06-27-2011)
Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by MichelleluvsChristmas View Post
Come to Canada! LOL You want a white, snowy, beautiful Christmas it's the place to be. Usually around Christmas time we experience a few feet of snow, so deep that my dog jumped in a snowbank and sunk to the bottom. Don't get me wrong it get's stupid cold like -30 Celsius which is like 20.2 degrees Fahrenheit... but is it ever beautiful to wake up to on Christmas morning, wouldn't trade it for the world
sounds great that,proper christmas weather,lucky you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (06-17-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Merry Fourms Member

kmchar1 has shown a merry disposition
I lived in Northeastern PA for 27 years of my life. Lots of cold and snow for Christmas. Then I moved to Orlando, Florida and have lived here for 7 years. Typically, it's warm and sunny. It can get chilly at night (in the 30's..in fact, this past winter, it dipped into the teens)..but usually hovers in the 60's and 70's at Christmas during the day.

I don't really think there is much of a difference for me as far as temps go. It's still the same temp INSIDE my house as it is when I lived in PA. So, nothing changes there. OUTSIDE it's different, but there is so much more to see and do related to Christmas than there was in PA. People decorate more here...there are all kinds of Christmas events. For instance: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Sea World Christmas, Ice! at Gaylord, Epcot Candlelight Processional, Christmas Around The World at Epcot, Disney Studios Osborne Family Christmas Spectacular, Christmas parades, Christmas festivals, Snow! in Celebration, Fl etc. I could go on and on. Plus, I think people decorate more because of the lack of snow.

Besides, Christmas for me could be anywhere. It's all in my heart. Doesn't matter if it's -20 or 120 degrees outside. I feel it in my heart just the same.

I'd be lying if I said I never missed the snow. But, that's more about winter than it is Christmas. I miss it most in January when all the festivities are over and it's a blah mid-January, ya know? Plus, it gets cold enough here (like I said, in the teens at nights at times) that I wish it would just snow if we have to put up with the cold, too! LOL
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kmchar1 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (06-20-2011), gabulldawg (07-21-2011), jayden28 (06-20-2011), MsChristmas (06-20-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)