Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Summer is here

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,940
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,075)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan

Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Summer is here

Ahhhhhh summer is here and its HOT!!!!!!!

I remember this time last year when I joined these forums, it was almost summer. We hit summer and I remember Christmas in July here last year. I often wonder how the heck I get through these darn warm summers.

I long for cool weather, Halloween and Christmas. We are so close to Halloween, 3 months until October and that means Christmas will be very soon! I try to remember its getting closer to my favorite holidays when the days are so hot like this.

How do you handle the summer weather? Crank up the AC and listen to some Christmas music?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-18-2011), Meceka (06-18-2011), MsChristmas (06-16-2011)

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by rockchild View Post
Ahhhhhh summer is here and its HOT!!!!!!!

I remember this time last year when I joined these forums, it was almost summer. We hit summer and I remember Christmas in July here last year. I often wonder how the heck I get through these darn warm summers.

I long for cool weather, Halloween and Christmas. We are so close to Halloween, 3 months until October and that means Christmas will be very soon! I try to remember its getting closer to my favorite holidays when the days are so hot like this.

How do you handle the summer weather? Crank up the AC and listen to some Christmas music?
Being in the uk it isnt a problem handling the summer weather because our summers are useless,if we get 2 weeks of good warm weather thats classed as a great summer over here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-18-2011), happyelf (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Hahahahahaha as Jayden28 quite rightly says unfortunately we don't have that problem in the UK. We all sit patiently waiting for Summer to arrive and it always passes us by - we had a few nice days in April and a couple more this month but temperatures rarely got above 80 on the hottest of days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-18-2011), jayden28 (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,926 Times in 1,651 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Tears and alcohol?

hehehe, I kid!

I watch a lot of Christmas stuff, crank up the Christmas tunes (and the a/c FOR SURE) and hide from the sun. UGH, I hate the summer! We go to the mall a lot to beat the heat and try to scope out Christmas goodies hiding in stores, too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Adam (06-16-2011), caninemom3 (06-18-2011), MsChristmas (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Not a fan of the hot summer either. I love to take the kids down in the basement to play since its so chilly down there. We make Christmas cookies sometimes, listen to Christmas music a lot.. I do like to take them swimming but I honestly would like a few weeks of warm (not HOT) weather and then skip into the beautiful Fall Days
Old 06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MsChristmas View Post
Not a fan of the hot summer either. I love to take the kids down in the basement to play since its so chilly down there. We make Christmas cookies sometimes, listen to Christmas music a lot.. I do like to take them swimming but I honestly would like a few weeks of warm (not HOT) weather and then skip into the beautiful Fall Days
Exactly A few warmer days is okay but not HOT. It stays SO Hot here for another three months.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-18-2011), MsChristmas (06-17-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It was 104 degrees today. What do you do with that but stay inside and hope your air conditioning can keep up, which mine can't. It runs 24 hours trying to keep up with the heat.

I guess you spend more time at My Merry Christmas.com!

caninemom3 (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I really wish I could argue the UK viewpoint but I can't - summers here suck bigtime!!!!

I've got a wedding at 3pm today and the bride is adamant it's taking place outside. Yay - it's currently 54* F and bucketing down. She has no contingency plans. You just want to pick her up gently by the throat and explain - in words of one syllable - that she is currently in Scotland and not the Maldives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next wedding is at 5pm but that's in a hotel and I will, by that point, be sporting the latest in soggy wedding attire and frizzy hair!!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,926 Times in 1,651 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I really wish I could argue the UK viewpoint but I can't - summers here suck bigtime!!!!

I've got a wedding at 3pm today and the bride is adamant it's taking place outside. Yay - it's currently 54* F and bucketing down. She has no contingency plans. You just want to pick her up gently by the throat and explain - in words of one syllable - that she is currently in Scotland and not the Maldives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next wedding is at 5pm but that's in a hotel and I will, by that point, be sporting the latest in soggy wedding attire and frizzy hair!!

Ooooh no! Sounds like the bride wants a wet tshirt contest instead of a wedding, hehe!
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Meceka (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I don't think the temperature has been UNDER 90 F here since May! It's awful! Bleh. My birthday may be in the summer time, but this is really my least favorite season! Can't wait til crisp Fall afternoons, red & orange leaves and football!!
Meceka (06-18-2011)