Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home » Tutorial Using the Christmas Library

Christmas Home Come here to introduce yourself, meet the Christmas Crew and get help using our forums. We also share news and information from our sister sites in this area as well as coordinate details of our year events, chats and contests. Our sponsors occasionally post special offers for our users in this area, too. .

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Clement Clarke Moore:...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:58 PM
Last post by Jeff Westover
12-19-2011 11:09 AM
61,744 Views  2 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,673 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,748 Views  1 Posts
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
50,073 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,647 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-13-2011, 11:21 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,892 Times in 2,410 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
santahat Using the Christmas Library

Years ago, back when we first started, all My Merry Christmas.com had was articles. There were no forums or other features. I suppose most of the Internet was that way back in the day.

We've recently merged our classic article features into our forums and it gives us some really nice options.

A good example is this article written by Meceka and posted this week.

The article is a good read, it is historically accurate, well-researched and it contains solid information for which MMC is known.

But there are a couple of things you can now do with such a feature that we couldn't before:

1. You can rate the article -- that's in the "rate article" menu in the upper right hand corner of the article

2. You can format the article for printing. Just go to "article options" and select "show printable version".

3. You can mark an article as a "favorite" and then have that list of favorites available to you in just a click.

4. You can send an article to a friend. No worries about spam, the site script does not keep or use any email addresses you use for this feature it goes from your email to your friends' email.

5. You can subscribe to an article, meaning that you'll be updated whenever someone posts an update or a reply to the article.

6. You can post a reply or response to the article -- just as if you were using the forum area. This is an excellent means of sharing resources and expertise -- or for giving the author some feedback.

7. You can, of course, search the library. Or you can view the top 25 visited articles, the top 25 rated articles or the top 25 most commented articles.

8. If you're a Platinum Member, you can submit an article to My Merry Christmas. This is an exciting addition never available before.

We hope you spend some time exploring the Christmas Library and the fine contributions to the site, like this newest feature from Meceka.

thanks,
Jeff
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-18-2011), MerryCarey (08-13-2011), RavenHardt (08-13-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
thanks Jeff
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Jeff, does the Christmas library accept original short stories? I wrote one for my Christmas in July event on my Christmas blog and would love to share it with you all here on MMC.

I will definitely come back and read Meceka's piece, as I'm a major history buff!

Thanks for the info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BooksNChristmas For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-18-2011), Meceka (08-22-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,892 Times in 2,410 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Absolutely! We'd love to see it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
BooksNChristmas (08-19-2011), lauriebear (08-18-2011)