Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What do you dread about christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU

Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,276 Times in 13,281 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
When my inlaws and parents fight over who sees who. We live 2 hours away from my family. The inlaws live 20 minutes away. Always a fight. LOL
beat them to the punch...it is Christmas in July so announce who you will be going to visit and when and let them know it is not open for discussion!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-02-2014), whitney37354 (07-06-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Like most of you said what I dont like is how fast the "Season" goes and when its over ... I agree that it has become a lot easier to have friends on MMC that love Christmas and keep the spirit alive all year long.. I also dont like when the Christmas music goes off the radio or off the "Sounds of the Season" cable channel... I think last year it was 1/6..that was a hard day for me... back to happy times we are over 1/2 way to Christmas so we should not be thinking about this LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
I dread the scheduling of our time starting Halloween and ending New Year's Day. Everyone wants you to come to everything they are having or involved in. We do get a couple weeks of break between Halloween & the weekend before Thanksgiving when the festivities start popping up around here.

December is the worst because we have, in addition to Christmas: Mom's birthday, Dad's birthday, our wedding anniversary, & DH's parent's anniversary. Then there is DD's schoolwork & parties, church, niece's Christmas programs, parades...

Last year DD was taking karate lessons two nights a week as well. At least we won't have to deal with that this year! During the week I purposefully help DD get her homework done as soon as we get home, then a bath. After that she can relax for a while before we do the advent calendars & bedtime. Weekends are the most crowded, but I try to spend as much time at home as possible, enjoying our own tree & decor & watching Christmas movies on tv.

Every Halloween I say to DH, "Let the madness begin!" I don't like it when Christmas is over, but I do enjoy getting all the furniture back into place on January 1st and getting a fresh start.

I used to try to cram in every activity I possible could between Thanksgiving & Christmas, but now I choose to do only those things that I enjoy---unless it means offending family, then I go anyway! I'll try to remember not to guilt DD into doing things with us when she's grown & moved away...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitney37354 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), jayden28 (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,537 Times in 1,441 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by jayden28 View Post
what !!,decorations only go up on the 23rd,thats kinda depressing,why is that solice? and does anyone decorate before the 23rd or not?.
Yes, they take from their boxes with christmas stuff and decorate the house and christmas tree the 23st.
But not turning the lights on the tree before 24st.
It's not Christmas before 24st!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
The season ending.....I like to think we celebrate the real REASON for the season every day......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), jayden28 (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014), whitney37354 (07-07-2011)
Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,932 Times in 922 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I know we are all christmas crazy on here and without christmas would leave a big void in some people's lives but there has to be something you dread or dont look forward too about christmas/the holidays,mine is actually christmas eve when midnight starts creeping up and you know that theres only 1 day left and its all over for another year,it shouldn't really be like that considering you have christmas day to enjoy but i do dread them last few hours of christmas eve,so whats yours?,you must have one at least.
Realistically, I know what you mean...it's that feeling like maybe you didn't pack in all the stuff you love to do for Christmas and now you have to wait soooooo long to have a re do!!
For me, I am missing my parents so much now that they have passed that there is a tug at my heart when I hear,"through the years, we all will be together, if the fates allow"....
But, again, I know my mom and dad would tell me to push ahead and enjoy Christmas for all it is meant to be with a smile and beautiful memories of years gone by.
Thanks for the great post.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-06-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (07-06-2011), jayden28 (07-06-2011), MsChristmas (07-06-2011), snowflake22 (04-02-2014), whitney37354 (07-07-2011)
Old 07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
Realistically, I know what you mean...it's that feeling like maybe you didn't pack in all the stuff you love to do for Christmas and now you have to wait soooooo long to have a re do!!
For me, I am missing my parents so much now that they have passed that there is a tug at my heart when I hear,"through the years, we all will be together, if the fates allow"....
But, again, I know my mom and dad would tell me to push ahead and enjoy Christmas for all it is meant to be with a smile and beautiful memories of years gone by.
Thanks for the great post.
You just brought tears to my eye... Im very lucky to still have both of my Parents (my Mom is without a doubt my best friend in the whole wide world).. they are in their mid 50's but sometimes I will sit and think what in the world I will do when they arent around.. I hope I dont have to worry about that for some time but you never know. I bet that is so hard on you. I hope you have lots of other family to surround you with love!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Yes, they take from their boxes with christmas stuff and decorate the house and christmas tree the 23st.
But not turning the lights on the tree before 24st.
It's not Christmas before 24st!
shame that because it sounds like a great christmas tradition you have there in norway just a pity you cant decorate alot sooner.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,537 Times in 1,441 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
shame that because it sounds like a great christmas tradition you have there in norway just a pity you cant decorate alot sooner.
But I do! I start in November. And people say Im crazy.. haha..
Old 07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,105 Times in 413 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
But I do! I start in November. And people say Im crazy.. haha..
oh,thats alright then i started feeling sorry for you thinking you dont decorate untill the 23rd.