Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Does your family play.........

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,114 Views  0 Posts
The Early Word on Black...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2011 05:07 AM
48,520 Views  0 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,428 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,460 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
16,562 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,474 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
22 16x16 Does your family play.........

...board games?

Are you up to the challenge?

We were talking in the countdown about playing board games. I had dragged out and dusted off the Monopoly and Scrabble board last week and gathered the family around to play. We had a blast!

I think it's time to turn off modern technology at least once a week and get the family together for some old fashioned board games! (sorry if I sound like a commercial that has been on recently ).

Some of you may already do this but if you don't, I think you should take the board game challenge (or card games) to see how much fun you have missed out on with the family.

Post here and let us know what games you are playing with your family!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-27-2011), lauriebear (07-27-2011), snowflake22 (07-28-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,562 Times in 1,457 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
We do this, it is so fun, we play Life, Monopoly, Scrabble, Jenga, Clue, Yahtzee, and cards, Uno, Crazy 8's... We will pick one or two and have a BLAST!!! We do this once every two to three weeks, and at Christmas time we have it out all the time. Sometime we get all brave and try Trivia or Chess. I highly recommend doing this even if the kids groan at first they will come around!!!
Christmas-A-Holic (07-27-2011), Christmasstar (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
we do all the time and love it! Monopoly, 13 13 Dead End Drive, The game of life, Water Works, Mille Borne, and clue. Those are just a few of them, but our most favorite.
This is something we have done since the kids were small and now that they are all grown, still enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-27-2011), lauriebear (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
We do this, it is so fun, we play Life, Monopoly, Scrabble, Jenga, Clue, Yahtzee, and cards, Uno, Crazy 8's... We will pick one or two and have a BLAST!!! We do this once every two to three weeks, and at Christmas time we have it out all the time. Sometime we get all brave and try Trivia or Chess. I highly recommend doing this even if the kids groan at first they will come around!!!
My kids are grown. =)

My son is 21 and is one who loves to join in for games. He beat me really bad at Monopoly last week! grrrrr! lol My daughter loves to play too but right now really difficult with work schedule and family time of her own. I plan to get her over one day to join in with us!

I sit down with my grandkids (ages 2,5 and 7) and play games sometimes but plan to play a lot more often with them.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

MichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elfMichelleluvsChristmas is a good elf
Every year on Christmas Eve we head to my boyfriends parents house and we play board games. Last year was Clue, and the game of Life. It's nice because we all get into it and it's a lot of fun!

_missing you everyday CM <3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichelleluvsChristmas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,291 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We play the occasional game of Scrabble or Yahtzee. On vacation if we need to kill time somewhere we play two-handed Hearts. We have a shelf of games, but rarely get around to them.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,562 Times in 1,457 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
We play the occasional game of Scrabble or Yahtzee. On vacation if we need to kill time somewhere we play two-handed Hearts. We have a shelf of games, but rarely get around to them.
What is two - handed hearts??? Please tell me!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,092 Times in 408 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Im going to start this year with the boys,jayden will be 7 by christmas and ryans 3 so i will try to get some games that both will understand,i remember playing monolopy years back with my brothers and cousins and i can honestly say we never finished a game due to someone always cheating,sometimes the board ended up on the other side of the room,classic days they were back then.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (07-27-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,291 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
What is two - handed hearts??? Please tell me!!!
It's a version of the card game Hearts, modified so that two can play. It relies less on strategy and more on luck that the regular game. I found the rules on the Internet. I'll send you the rules by PM. (You have to find out how to play regular Hearts first.)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Speaking of the Game of Life, I loved that game as a kid. Wayne and I decided to buy it several years ago because we told my son what a fun game it is. They ruined it! They made a new version and added stuff that wasn't there before. Wayne and I both didn't like it. It might be fun to some but I just wanted the regular old Life game that I remembered as a child.

Well, we went to Barnes and Noble last weekend and I saw the original version there with the old original box cover. I couldn't buy it then but will keep it in mind to buy in the future.

MerryCarey, I have heard of Hearts but never played it. I might have to learn that sometime.