Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
Gotta have the wine - love that Christmasstar!!! It's not a holiday for my family without the vino!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-12-2011), lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014), sugar142286 (08-21-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
We have a Champagne breakfast with OJ we call it a bucks fizz its also called a mimosa we have croissants strawberries, grapes chocolate and pain au chocolate we have this around 08.00 and Dinner is around 15.00

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottCalvin For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014), sugar142286 (08-21-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
For Christmas I alternate each year as well: Last year it was prime rib roast with yorkshire pudding, pan fired brussel sprouts with toasted amonds, garlic roasted asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, candid yams, and bisto gravy, (and a small side of roasted potatoes for my Mom-In-Law) she is from England. For desert I always make me Christmas Cake (I posted the recipe), cookies, and another Cake or Pie (I make all different ones but they always have a Christmas Connection).

The others I alternate with which I am not sure which one I will make this year one is Roasted Christmas Goose with Apple Stuffing (I posted this recipe too) acorn squash (I posted this recipe), mashed turnip (I posted this recipe), creamed onions, bisto gravy, and a green or yellow veggie. The other one I alternate with is a pork crown roast with pecan apple stuffing (shhh don't tell my husband I put pecans in it he says he doesn't like them, tee hee!!!!) I will make candid yams with this, roasted potatoes, and a green veggie with a pork gravy.

I always make a fresh cranberry sauce and I try to find new recipes I'll try them out in October and try to "perfect" the recipe to my liking.

I will do a winter themed salad as a lunch for that day and appetizers are ALWAYS my favorite a homemade stuffed mushroom, cheese platter, and a French potato type one they are called Gougeres (wonderful like bites). But, I always try to mix it up.

Christmas Eve we do a German theme, but it is more like a buffet style - I don't want us all filled up you know.

I love to know about that Ham and glaze if you are willing to share it????
snowflake22 (04-19-2014), sugar142286 (08-21-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Gotta have the wine - love that Christmasstar!!! It's not a holiday for my family without the vino!
Vino!!! I love it, we call it that too... A nice touch to a special meal!!! My mom-in-law is 39 years sober so we do a non-alcoholic type too.
ballcoach (10-02-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014)
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,021 Times in 174 Posts
Anne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elfAnne_Langston is a good elf
We have a good old soul food feast--turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing, yams (not the casserole with marshmallows on top! No, these are cut up and cooked with spices, brown sugar and butter.), collards, broccoli and cheese casserole, sometimes black eyed peas, baked macaroni and cheese, ambrosia, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, and some kind of cake (sock-it-to-me is a favorite) for dessert.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anne_Langston For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014), Spyells (09-25-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,610 Times in 3,646 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We have had the same meal for Christmas Eve at my parents for years...(cooking for 40 now) smokehouse spaghetti, garlic toast, bruschetta, salad, corn, (which was frozen from the garden) & whatever desserts people bring. The snack table is always shrimp & cocktail sauce, cheese log, fried pecans, christmas cookies, christmas candy, & again...whatever everyone brings.

My MIL's is always turkey, ham or roast beef, homemade mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, 7 layer salad, corn, and any extras we bring over!

Mmmmm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014)
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I love Christmas dinner! I love cooking it, talking about it and, most of all, EATING IT! We have the traditional Turkey dinner, with stuffing, roast and mashed potatoes, carrots, parsnips ,brussel sproats, gravy and cocktail sausages. We also have a glass of red wine with it and some grape juice for my DD11. Some stage later on we'll have dessert, be it trifle or Christmas pudding. We also tend to have two Dinners because we usually go to my MiL for Christmas Day and I'll cook my own on Boxing Day. On Christmas Eve we go to my parents and have a buffet style dinner
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to almcg For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-02-2011), lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014)
Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,051 Times in 675 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
A traditional dinner here too, I normally tend to do chicken and beef, Roast & mashed pots, Afew types of veg, sausages wrapped in bacon, yorkshire puds etc.. Also enjoy a bottle of wine with it aswell.

Like scott we also have bucks fizz on a xmas morning, just wouldnt be the same without it!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,239 Times in 494 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
We have a turkey (made with Alton Brown's Roast Turkey Recipe)
roasted brussells sprouts with a bacon/cream/shallot sauce
apple cider gravy with the pan drippings
dressing (varies each year)
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes
corn pudding
pecan pie
and I usually mix in another side dish or three...yuuuum.
lauriebear (08-12-2011), snowflake22 (04-19-2014)
Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

mike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry disposition
Turkey with stuffing, accompanied with mashed potatoes and gravy. Followed by pumpkin pie!!!! That's all I eat, however my mother and mother-in-law make more then that! .

For Christmas breakfast...toast, eggs and bacon with ketchup. (as a sandwich). I have done this for as long as I can remember.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike24forever For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-19-2014)