Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Happy Left-Handers Day!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,092
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,000)
Welcome to our newest member, Sandy Horton

Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,549 Times in 13,326 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy Left-Handers Day!

All year round, we fit in with home and office layouts designed for right-handers’ comfort – put up with doors, cookers, sinks, computer mice, keyboards and desks that are efficient for right-handers to work at, and hundreds of times every day we contort ourselves using back-to-front tools and gadgets that make us look clumsy and awkward in our efforts to make them to work…
But NOT TODAY! Because on this special day, it is your chance to GET YOUR OWN BACK on your right-handed friends colleagues and family, by designating your personal space as a LEFTY ZONE where everything must be done left-handed!

http://www.lefthandersday.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), Steven (08-16-2011), Yuletide Junkie (08-17-2011)

Old 08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hurrah for all left handers (me included!!!) - we're in our 'right minds' you know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Yay! I am proud to be a member of the lefties!

Happy left handed day guys!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,598 Times in 5,981 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm a rightie, but I'm recessively left-handed---both my grandfathers were lefties.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,870 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Do left handers use ambi-dextrose as an artificial sweetener..?
Bradmac (08-15-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011), Yuletide Junkie (08-17-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

karanmi has shown a merry dispositionkaranmi has shown a merry disposition
Mistletoe

I am a lefty too and have always told people that at least I know I am in my right mind. Odd though I do a lot right handed. I eat, write, cut hair. and use a paring knife left handed but anything else is right handed, including cutting material or paper. Never could cut hair right handed but I could never cut material left handed.

I hate it when my DH makes fun of me using a paring knife. I have one special one that I use. Seems to be beveled on both sides so I can use it with ease but if he is using it and I need one he always says it is not for a left handed person then laughs when I am trying to use
one that is strickly for a right handed person. And he complains about them getting dull so fast. I said well duggggggggggggggghhhhh what do you think they are going to do when I have to use them and it is the wrong way cutting.

Some day I would love a left handed set of knives all for my self.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karanmi For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-15-2011), caninemom3 (08-16-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,388 Times in 4,661 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
AMEN! It's about time we left-hander's got some well-deserved respect!

I remember my elementary teachers trying to make me write with right hand. There is no way I could do that! I can't even feed myself with my right hand!

When I was a kid, I was always picked last for the baseball games because I was so slow in the outfield. I would catch a ball with my left hand, throw down the glove, and then throw with my left hand. My dad finally found me a left-hander's glove (goes on your right hand), and taught me to catch a ball with my right hand. Thanks, dad!

One day, we left-handers are goind to rise up, RISE UP I SAY!, and disassemble the oppressive right-hand establishment that has been holding us down for far too long!!!!!

*ahem*
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,870 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
One day, we left-handers are goind to rise up, RISE UP I SAY!, and disassemble the oppressive right-hand establishment that has been holding us down for far too long!!!!!
RIGHT ON!

Oops... sorry...
Bradmac (08-16-2011), caninemom3 (08-16-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011), Yuletide Junkie (08-17-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I am left handed too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-16-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think we could take over this joint

I do some things righty though. I mouse right-handed as that was how I was taught at school. Is actually handy as I can take notes and mouse at the same time! I also play the guitar/bass/banjo/ukulele right handed as well - again how I was taught. Also makes it easier to get instruments!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-16-2011), Christmasstar (08-17-2011)