Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » the ber months are almost here

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

ilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elfilovesilentnight is a good elf
the ber months are almost here

Starting with septem"ber" i start think of brrr cold weather. Summers needs to get over with. Anyone else ever think of this?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilovesilentnight For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-15-2011), happyelf (08-15-2011), Holiday (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011), Yuletide Junkie (08-14-2011)

Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,067 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
No, but the "ber" months do kick up my Christmas spirit a notch or three, or ten, per flip of the calendar page. (Have to respectfully disagree with you about Summer, though, as we have more than our share of cold weather, here, in the Upper Midwest.)
Old 08-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,593 Times in 750 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I'm looking forward to the "ber" months so that I can start using my slow cooker all the time! This afternoon I went through my Christmas slow cooker cookbook to decided which recipes I'd like to try and oh lordy there are a fair few!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,383 Times in 801 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
I am very excited for the Ber months.... and snow. haha
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-15-2011), happyelf (08-15-2011), irishsnow (08-15-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
Oh yes! I too am soooooo excited that we are so close to the 'ber' months! YA!!! One of the first things that I'll make is yummy chili!!! Plus...I really look forward to the changing leaves and the crispness in the air that comes with the fall in temperature! The beginning of the 'ber' months means we are going to start seeing the rest of the world awakening to Christmas (they are just cathing up to the rest of us...as we've held it in our hearts all year long)!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), happyelf (08-15-2011), Holiday (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
I'm looking forward to the "ber" months so that I can start using my slow cooker all the time! This afternoon I went through my Christmas slow cooker cookbook to decided which recipes I'd like to try and oh lordy there are a fair few!
Me too! my poor slow cooker has been neglected for a while and will soon be over worked again!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-16-2011), Holiday (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
the ber months are the best of the year!
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-16-2011), irishsnow (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,805 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
No, but the "ber" months do kick up my Christmas spirit a notch or three, or ten, per flip of the calendar page. (Have to respectfully disagree with you about Summer, though, as we have more than our share of cold weather, here, in the Upper Midwest.)
Agreed!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,805 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
I'm looking through my soup book today! Soup & slow cooker food! YUM!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (08-16-2011), ChristmasHeart (08-16-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You guys should post those recipes!
ChristmasHeart (08-19-2011), lauriebear (08-19-2011)