Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I am going to USA next month!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 08-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
candle

Looks like you've already got a great list of suggestions!

The only things I might add:

I saw the Museum of Natural History (The Field Museum) about 20 years ago. I remember it still.

The Brookfield Zoo is amazing. It's huge, about twenty minutes out of the city, and it's open 365 days a year. Always thought it would be a cool place to celebrate Christmas. Maybe someday...

And then, I've heard some of the organized tours of Chicago are top notch. I think there's an architectural tour you can take, via a boat that runs down the Chicago River.

Finally, you may want to check into a City Pass. It bundles the cost of five major attractions (all of which made snowflake22's list) into one ticket. May save you about 50% if you plan to hit all five anyway. I think the web site is www.citypass.com/chicago

Also, I'm a country boy. Rarely do I make it to the big city. So memory may not serve me well, but I recall the mall at Water Tower Place being amazing--and it's on Michigan Avenue. Might make for a fun shopping trip.

Enjoy your time in Chicago!

Best,
jimmyolsen
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
Solice (08-29-2011)

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

candysprinkles has shown a merry disposition
We live about 3 hours from Chicago. We have been there quite a few times. The things we have enjoyed the most...

Shedd Aquarium
Museum of Science and Industry
Sears Tower
The Navy Pier
Lakeshore Drive
Downtown Shopping
Chicago Style Pizza
The 'L' Train

There is this diner... just a hamburger joint; your typical American greasy spoon diner, like you would see in any big city. Except in this one, called Ed Debevic's, the staff is REALLY rude in a very funny way. It is like a game to them to behave outrageously and try to make you laugh about it. We have been there a few times and have always had a blast.
The Following User Says Thank You to candysprinkles For This Useful Post:
Solice (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,701 Times in 1,480 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Thank you so much! Wow!!!!
Now, Im more exited than ever!

Im in and out from MMC because suddenly I dont get in here,
and then after a week or two Im back in..
Som if you don't see me in a while - I'll be back!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
I have printed out this tread..
And are going to make some plans!
The journey starts Septmeber 28th...

I counting days! There's only one thing that's bothering me.
I have an infectionin in the jaw bone.
It's been 22 days in pain now (toothacke), and hope and pray I'll get better soon!
Iv'e got some new medicine yesterday so I hope this one will work...

Thank you all again for tips!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
That is SO exciting! I'd love to go to the US!
The Following User Says Thank You to MissKringle For This Useful Post:
Solice (09-19-2011)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,098 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Wow! I see it's almost time for your visit! I hope your jaw is doing better, and that you can enjoy your trip in comfort. I don't know much about Chicago (I'm from Maryland, on the east coast of the US-we just had an earthquake and a hurricane. Be glad you're going to another area of the country. Both were pretty scary), but I understand that there are a lot of neat things to see there.

When you return home, be sure to post and let us know how you liked the US, and how it compares to your home country. Like most Americans, I like to hear what people think when they visit!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Solice (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thank you so much MerryBells.
I feel better, thanx...

Next week Im in USA.. Can't wait.

Im gonna take a lot of photos!
Taking with me my mini laptop so I can store all my photos on it..
So I will be online - I hope

Will definetly update my Facebook and blog..
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 162,146 Times in 30,886 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope you have fun while your over here in the states!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Solice (09-19-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Greetings from Chicago!
The time here is 3.34 AM - and we should be sleeping by now!
But HEY! =}
Love the view from the room.. The city is full of light and life!
It's going to be another long day I guess...

No signs of Christmas so far!
But I have bought some Halloween baking cups and some cake decoration.
(I always buy lots of cake decoration (sprinkles) when I travel..lol)

It's so great to finally be here!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Awesome! you will have to keep us updated on what you end up doing!
Solice (10-01-2011)