Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Snow expected next month

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,701 Views  0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,865 Views  0 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,102 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,475 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Spider
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:55 PM
47,754 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Snowflake Snow expected next month

It said on the radio yesterday we (in uk) could expect to see snow as early as October! I know some european countries have snow that lasts from oct to jan/feb but it is so unusual here in the uk.
When do you usually expect to get snow (if you ever do) in your part of the world?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
brittd19 (09-22-2011), Lorn--xx (09-27-2011), Lynn68 (09-22-2011), MsChristmas (09-22-2011), Solice (09-27-2011), Undrtakr (09-28-2011), Yuletide Junkie (09-29-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
It was on our weather report yesterday that we can expect snow on high ground now!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
oh wow, really? it's quite scary though seeing as its still September.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

happyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elfhappyelf is a good elf
i know how cool is that I posted a link on the Christmas 2011 thread the other day. Apparently it could snow on and off from October to Feb!!!!!!!!!

Betters start panic buying now
The Following User Says Thank You to happyelf For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow that would be awesome if it started in october but ideally i would like to see it late november when my decorations go up,that would be perfect!!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,034 Times in 2,879 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Candygold

hi there yes seen that to
omg another winter like last winter
but at least if we have seen it. Wood everyone else have seen it to ?? then the road people and others might be better prepared
For i dont no about you guys but we run out of grit and niebours had to get together and get some fine stones
I really dont no why we cant cope . when other counties that have snow half the year can keep the roads and airports, schools all open . a inch of snow and this country comes to a stand still
Old 09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I havent heard much about snow here on the East Coast in the US. We normally get snow from December - March. I would like to have a few little snow falls before Christmas . I like snow but do not like huge storms where we are stuck in the house for days!

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
Lynn68 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,409 Times in 5,615 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
In my area of New England, we see the most snow from December through March---but it sometimes snows in November, and we've seen a few bad storms in April. (I remember one year the opening day at Fenway was snowed out.) This is the time of year the almanacs are published, and some reports say that the almanacs are calling for a cold and snowy winter here due to La Nina. I hope they're wrong. We had enough snow last winter to last us through this winter!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Lynn68 (09-22-2011), xmas365 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,288 Times in 787 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
Usually we see Snow here.. in November and it lasts till March sometimes April. I cant WAIT for the first snow fall!

Just searched the Almanac and heres what I got.
http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/region/ca/5

Last edited by brittd19; 09-22-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Adding Website
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm in the U.S Heartland (central Illinois) and we usually get our first snowfall sometime around late November - although every once in a while we get it earlier than that. And the snow is usually pretty well gone by early March.