Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Does anyone use holly as decor

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,945
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,111)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU

Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
12 16x16 Does anyone use holly as decor

Does anyone use holly as part of there christmas decor??
Over there in northern ireland . it does be, not as much
I remember when i was a child. people wood gather it and sell it door to door and it wood be put up round pictures and mirrors
Dont see much of that now. it is mostly used in holly wreath..s
In fruit and veg shops they are sold and they are bought for graves mostly done up with red ribbon and white flower .
Always heard that if the holly had a lot of berries on them it was a sign of a bad winter .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shellie12 For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (08-23-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)

Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,109 Times in 414 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
i never have but i remember when i was a kid holly was very popular back then,problem now is that the artificial stuff looks so realistic people prefer that instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (08-23-2011), snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,843 Times in 3,871 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I have holly bushes in my front yard that I used to put net lights on... until they got too big...
snowflake22 (04-01-2014)
Old 08-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I would love to have holly bushes in my yard. I love holly! I use the artificial in my decorating. I use it as a garland for my tree and on my mantle. Can't get enough of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sammylar1304 has shown a merry dispositionsammylar1304 has shown a merry disposition
We always used it when i lived at home. Around mirrors, on the front door, up the atairs. Now that ive moved out im sure i will continue to use it the same amount, if not more because its lovely to look at.

Merry Christmas
The Following User Says Thank You to sammylar1304 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (04-01-2014)