The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My Top Ten list would not be complete without:
All in the Family - Christmas at the Bunkers
Andy Griffith Christmas episode
Dick Van Dyke Christmas episode
Mary Tyler Moore 1st Christmas episode...
Remember when Black Friday was on Friday?
Imagine what will happen if the stores are allowed to stay open all night Christmas Eve until lunch time on Christmas Day! This year, more than 50,000 restaurants, bars, convenience stores and...
My Dog Sam
Dear Abby, I too was picked on when I was a child and I too turned to our dog Queenie. She always gave me love and she always listened. Bless you.
1 cup of butter, softened
Ĺ cup of confectioners’ sugar
1 Ĺ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 pinch of salt
1 Ĺ teaspoons baking powder
ĺ cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Beat together the butter and confectioners’ sugar till creamy. Add vanilla.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, stir in creamy mixture. Blend well.
3. Add the nuts, mix well, and roll the dough out into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Flatten dough out and cut into 15 or 20 equal size pieces, shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes till firm but not brown. While still warm, roll into confectioners’ sugar, let cool and roll again.