Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Don't Christmas shop with the kids!!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Christmas Myths: The...
By MMC Editor
11-25-2012 11:51 AM
0 Posts
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,569 Views  0 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,481 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Ball 3 Michael Buble Returns...
By MMC Editor
10-08-2012 01:55 AM
42,743 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts

Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Don't Christmas shop with the kids!!

I took my kids into town today and I saw a great gift for my son in the shop window, plus it was discounted, so I could hardly leave it there could I? So, I had to get my thinking hat on, I had a 2 year old in a pram and a nosey, very intelligent 7 year old that questions EVERYTHING! My husband took my son to the back of the shop to look at cars and I had the task of explaining to my daughter why I was buying a Scaletrix set for Danny, but he couldn't have it to play with yet. I had to tell her that Santa couldn't pick up this today for Danny as he wasn't coming to Swansea so I was buying it for him to pick up tonight at Nanna's to put in his sleigh for Christmas....phhewww.....but THEN all I had all day was is Santa coming tonight??!!!! Ohhh Nooo!!! I then had to tell her it wasn't Christmas tonight, but in 4 months....then had to explain how many weeks in a month then days....just so she could get it through her head exactly how long it is.....never again will I buy anything in front of them!!! LOL
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
chrissylynn78 (08-29-2011), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-23-2011), ClaireLovesChristmas (08-31-2011), dancer_90 (08-31-2011), happyelf (08-29-2011), hilarios (10-16-2011), Holiday (09-15-2011), jayden28 (08-29-2011), made582 (08-30-2011), Mumof2 (10-12-2011), sugar142286 (08-29-2011), XmasDreams (08-29-2011)
Old 08-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,593 Times in 4,411 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
I took my kids into town today and I saw a great gift for my son in the shop window, plus it was discounted, so I could hardly leave it there could I? So, I had to get my thinking hat on, I had a 2 year old in a pram and a nosey, very intelligent 7 year old that questions EVERYTHING! My husband took my son to the back of the shop to look at cars and I had the task of explaining to my daughter why I was buying a Scaletrix set for Danny, but he couldn't have it to play with yet. I had to tell her that Santa couldn't pick up this today for Danny as he wasn't coming to Swansea so I was buying it for him to pick up tonight at Nanna's to put in his sleigh for Christmas....phhewww.....but THEN all I had all day was is Santa coming tonight??!!!! Ohhh Nooo!!! I then had to tell her it wasn't Christmas tonight, but in 4 months....then had to explain how many weeks in a month then days....just so she could get it through her head exactly how long it is.....never again will I buy anything in front of them!!! LOL
I remember those days!
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Aww how cute.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Aww that is so cute! I have done that with a few things when I have to try to hide the items in the bottom of the stroller but usually one of the kids see's the stuff... it sure is hard trying to shop with one or more of your kids with you

There's no place like Home for the Holidays!

The Following User Says Thank You to MsChristmas For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,019 Times in 2,872 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hi i dont have kids but i know the crack
we do toys in the shop at christmas and mum.s come in with kids
and its tara.....you have to no sign language as they point and make signs and you have to try and understand.
or you have to be able to get the thing moved and baged without them catching on
or we say these are there for santa and he just left them there to see if anyone wood like one for christmas and your put there name down in the good book

hard work the whole thing but enjoyable
The Following User Says Thank You to shellie12 For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,091 Times in 408 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
kelly im getting the same thing with my 3 year old,when he wakes up every morning he says "christmas coming today",i tell him theres not long to go now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayden28 For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011), sugar142286 (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,443 Times in 13,112 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
I remember when my sister still remembered in Santa after I stopped believing and my mom would have the gifts wrapped and she would tell my sister that she would have them wrapped, but Santa's Elves would make a trip to our house to pick them up, so Santa could deliver them on Christmas - that it would make it easier on him because they couldn't wrap that many gifts. Haha - she bought it every time!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
hahaha! great thread!

i think next time you need to kindly ask your mum to do some babysitting...

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

candysprinkles has shown a merry disposition
We take our kids along shopping sometimes. If we find something for a birthday or holiday gift, I keep shopping with all the kids while my husband buys the item and takes it out to the car. Sometimes we ask the cashier to double bag the item, too. Then, we try to sneak it in and up to the attic after the kids go to bed. Since we have a van (no trunk) it is still a little tricky to get it home unnoticed. Sometimes, our kids will go through the bags in the back looking for a snack or something else they saw us buy. So, it does get a little harder to pull it off as they get older.
The Following User Says Thank You to candysprinkles For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,786 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
"My friend's little boy" gets many, many gifts when we are shopping! LOL - my 3 and 1 year old are none the wiser!
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (09-04-2011)