Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Crew > Christmas Crew > Archived > Sponsors > ChristmasLightsEtc » Christmas Lights Etc Rope Light Takes Decorating to New Levels

ChristmasLightsEtc Christmas items for sale or auction from ChristmasLightsEtc.com

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,489 Views  2 Posts
A Christmas Past Comes...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:17 PM
0 Posts
The Holly and the Ivy
By MMC Editor
06-08-2008 09:25 PM
67,421 Views  0 Posts
santahat A Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-26-2011 10:14 AM
81,742 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,629 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 AM
MMC's Christmas Shopper

ElfBot Shopper has shown a merry disposition
Rope Light Takes Decorating to New Levels

Rope Light Makes Decorating EasyRope Lights for Decoration

Rope lights are a great way to decorate any time of the year whether for holidays, weddings or just ambient lighting for homes. They offer a cheap and power friendly way to decorate, and rope light comes in lengths up to 200' so any area can be decorated despite size. If possible, purchase needed length to avoid cutting; however, this isn't always feasible, and cutting rope light is simple.

Cove Lighting with Rope LightHow to Cut Rope Light

If you need to cut rope light, make sure it is unplugged to avoid electrocution. Remember that safety is always important whatever the lighting project. Find the cut mark on the rope light and cut only there. Though it depends on the particular rope light, cut marks generally appear every 4" to every 72". These cut marks are subtle and are indicated by dashes or scissor outlines and thus are easy to find. Do not cut anywhere other than the cut marks or the rope light will short circuit.

Once the preferred cut mark is located, snip the rope with kitchen shears or other sharp cutting utensils. Make sure the cut is clean to avoid short circuiting. To perfect the cut, bend the rope light to the left and then to the right to see if any copper wires protrude. If they do, snip off the extra.

Bend Rope Light to Make Unique DesignsFinish the Circuit by Sealing

Cover newly cut end with an end cap or connector kit. Seal with a silicone adhesive or use a tie strap for insulation. If connecting two pieces of rope light with a connector kit, make sure the rope light is the same voltage. Two rope lights of differing voltage cannot be connected, so make sure you are aware of the power needs of each strand of rope light.

Enjoy Rope Light and Decorate Anywhere

By following these simple, safe steps, you can create the perfect length of rope light for any area. Try something new and take decorating to a new level with rope lights.

For a more in depth look at Rope Light, check out the Rope Lighting Guide. It will offer tips and tricks for decorating and describe rope light in detail.

More...