Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Public Domain Victorian Era illustrations?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,955
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, hardiholpus

Old 09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
candle Public Domain Victorian Era illustrations?

Hi all,

Say, I'm looking for public domain Victorian Era illustrations I can use in holiday print ads. Think street-corner carolers, and wreaths, and lamp posts shrouded in snow. Can anyone recommend resources? Or lend me their early edition Dickens lit?

Actually, I shouldn't joke about early edition Dickens. If anyone has an 1800s print issue in their library, it'll be one of my buddies at MMC. So, um, no, keep that at home. I can't afford the postal insurance.

But if you can share a url or book title, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks. And...God Bless You, Every one!
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyolsen For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-31-2014)

Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Last Achievements

Chef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry dispositionChef Matt has shown a merry disposition
You can get an illustrated copy of "a Christmas carol" by dickens from Gutenberg.org
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Matt For This Useful Post:
jimmyolsen (09-09-2011), snowflake22 (03-31-2014)
Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,613 Times in 5,984 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Check out public domain books at Project Gutenberg, Google Books, and Archive.org. Might take a little digging, but there are illustrated books there. As I recall, Google Books has some of the old St. Nicholas children's magazines---I believe they're illustrated.

Found a couple on Gutenberg in "Lill's Travels in Santa Claus Land." I saved them to my
Dropbox. You can click the links and download them:

Lill, Santa, and reindeer
Lill, Santa, and Mrs. Santa

Not wreaths and street scenes, but they might be good for something ...

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
jimmyolsen (09-09-2011), snowflake22 (03-31-2014)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 PM

jimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoejimmyolsen would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks for the suggestion, Matt!
snowflake22 (03-31-2014)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Nice! These are precisely the style I'm after. And thank you for the suggestions. I've dig in and see what I find.
snowflake22 (03-31-2014)