Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Do you own an i anything?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,245 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,808 Views  0 Posts
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,790 Views  0 Posts
Is Santa's mail safe?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:57 PM
Last post by IronEagle302
07-09-2012 08:27 PM
50,071 Views  1 Posts

Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Mistletoeologist

hilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry dispositionhilarios has shown a merry disposition
Several year old ipod, newer ipod video, ipod touch and an ipad. All either won/purchased with mostly giftcards.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,762 Times in 1,085 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I have an ipod, and I use it with my Windows pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
brittd19 (09-17-2011)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,152 Times in 26,697 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm also in the Inothing category. I want an Ipod touch though.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
Mhm. I have a macbook, and I love it. I don't think I could go back to using Windows, ever again. I have an iPod touch too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (09-15-2011), Smiley21 (09-17-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,538 Times in 7,289 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
iNothing.
Same here.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,747 Times in 4,432 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by dvdelf View Post
Don't want to start a mac bash here (or a love fest either). I was just curious. It seems that apple one way or another finds their way into most folks homes.
DOWN WITH MACS! DOWN WITH MACS! DOWN WI... Huh?

Oh, you don't want to bash them. Or love them. Hmmmmm.

AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS! AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS! AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS!

Just kidding around as usual!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
DOWN WITH MACS! DOWN WITH MACS! DOWN WI

AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS! AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS! AMBIVALENCE TOWARD MACS!

Just kidding around as usual!
LOL.

I think the design especially with Apple is superb and in many cases their function is better.

My problem with Apple is threefold: their customer service, their locked in service agreements and their arrogance.

Jobs turned me off big time by basically screwing their first ever iPhone users who paid close to $700 when the product debuted then cut the price 6 months later and refused to even give a service credit. Apple has the whole product roll out thing perfected and they exploit it to their profit advantage every time. Screw the customer.

I don't care HOW good their product is. I have other choices and I will choose those who will take care of ME.

But I also have a problem using who they say I have to use with a product I own. If I have an iPhone, I have to use ATT or, I think now, Verizon. Pricey and not exactly matching to the functionality of Apple products. I just don't like who they keep company with.

But mostly what drives me nuts about Apple is their arrogance. They remind me a ton of Kodak (who was once an employer of mine). They think they can do no wrong and that's dangerous for everyone. I don't know how far Apple is away from going down the same pathetic road as Kodak (probably a long way considering the money they keep piling up) but eventually someone is going to come along who does it better, cheaper and...with more humility. In Kodak's case, it was foreign competition who better understood and took care of the market. I'm guessing the same thing will happen to Apple with some company out of Japan or Korea or somewhere like that.

People are most loyal to their wallets, especially in times like this. They'd leave Apple in a heartbeat if someone came along and offered something better for for less.

Right now, I see Amazon and Google being in the best position to do so. In a way, Google has already achieved it once with the Droid (although I detest the thing myself). Samsung might give them a run in the tablet area. Little by little competition eventually wins over arrogance.

But you have to give Apple their due -- the make great stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
brittd19 (09-17-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 10:05 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Well to be fair those people who bought the firt Iphone did get something. I agree it wasnt the best thing they could have gotten, but they did get something.
and they do have very good customer service, everybody i know who has a mac or iphone has received excellent customer service.
that being said, the "we can do no wrong" mentality has always been there, no matter how much theyve done wrong. and theres been alot
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Mistletoeologist

Smiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSmiley21 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have an apple, iPod touch, iPod nano, & an iHome (do those count)?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

ScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elfScottCalvin is a good elf
I own no Apple products, even my cell phone is way old, old cell phones over here are called 'bricks' its a first model Blackberry no bluetooth, apps, email, I got 2nd hand for $20.00 as it has a qwerty keypad, its not even on contract when I need ill top it up with credit from time to time.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.